Friday, December 30, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up/F.F.F.

2016 is almost over (well, there are almost 36 hours left and anything can happen!), and I want to finish well. Being thankful is always a great way to end things.

In wrapping up the last week of the year, I want to share 5 things that brought on the happy:

1. And then there were three ... On Christmas Day, Malia handed us a gift with a picture frame inside containing three slots: one pic of Brody, one of Baylee and one with an ultrasound pic of our new grandbaby coming in July! Mercy! We were shocked, but now each day that comes along we are getting more and more excited about Baby Ledbetter. Grands are the greatest gifts ever!

2. Time off! With vacation and the office being closed between Christmas and New Year's I've had time off and just really have been enjoying it. It's so wonderful to have time to think and plan and set goals - the perfect New Year activity.

3. Legacy:  Although a sad event happened in the extended family this week, the passing of Doris Isom showed all of us how a legacy can be passed on. A totally gorgeous lady, both inside and out, Doris showed us the importance of leaving memories of a HAPPY, smiling, fun-loving soul. Not a soul who ever came in contact with her left without knowing the value of a loving, friendly, smile. Her visitation (or wake) was a time of wonderful connection with family and friends. May we all leave such a legacy behind.

4. Anticipation:  Although 2017 holds unknown struggles and joys, I'm looking forward at all it has to offer. Hopefully, I've learned some things to help make 2017 flow more smoothly. I'm a big lover of new beginnings so this time of year is my happy spot.

5. Quote of the Year - Usually, I share a quote of the week that I have run across in my various readings of blogs and books, but this quote speaks to me so much, maybe because I'm a bible study enthusiast, I'm calling it the Quote of the Year:

…The Word of God on our lips will have the same effect upon the Devil as if he were hearing it from the lips of Jesus Himself!
Every Day with Jesus Daily Bible 12.27.16

I'm almost giddy with excitement with the plans I have made for the coming year. I will be continuing to link up at Friday's Fave Fives every chance I get. I will be co-hosting The Loft each Wednesday with Christine of Whispered Words of Wisdom. I'm also planning to share my new feature, The Morning Page, about three times a week along with continuing my dormant A Word to Stand On bible studies. (Dormant means ready to spring into new life!)

And that's a wrap on this week at the Journey. How did YOUR week go? I'd love to hear about it. Leave a comment, or consider linking your own post at our hostess Susanne's site, Living to Tell the Story. You will love all the bloggers who link up at her community.


I'm also sharing this post at the Grace and Truth link-up at Arabah Joy.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the upcoming surprise!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new grandchild to make their arrive in the summer! Lots of exciting things to look forward to in 2017!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yipppee another little one on the way. What a blessing. So good to read your wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful post inspired me so very much, Jerralea. Whenever I visit you, I leave having been motivated and inspired by your words all the time. Congratulations on your new precious grandbaby to be!! What a wonderful surprise! I can read the sheer excitement in your writing about that. What a blessing♥
    I am so sorry on the other hand for the loss of someone who sounds like such a gem of a lady in your family. What an inspiration in legacy she sounds like and like someone who was an amazing joy to know.
    I am truly moved and encouraged by your quote of the year- how incredible that quote is. I plan on writing that one down to remember. I'm glad you are also enjoying your time off and the height of cheer and excitement for the new year as you look forward to it!

    Have a wonderful end of 2016 and start of the new year!
    Many blessings and hugs,
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new one coming in July! What a blessing!
    I'm hoping 2017 will run more smoothly too--looking forward to reading what you are planning.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the Loft meeting place again!
    You have been amazingly prolific lately! And it looks as if there's more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to have a new little one on the way, and what a fun way to hear about it. We've had the week off, and it's been nice after such a busy December. I haven't had much chance to think and plan for the new year yet, but hope to next week when everyone goes back to work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on another grandbaby coming!! That is fun news!

    Will have to check out your Morning Page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.