In wrapping up the last week of the year, I want to share 5 things that brought on the happy:
1. And then there were three ... On Christmas Day, Malia handed us a gift with a picture frame inside containing three slots: one pic of Brody, one of Baylee and one with an ultrasound pic of our new grandbaby coming in July! Mercy! We were shocked, but now each day that comes along we are getting more and more excited about Baby Ledbetter. Grands are the greatest gifts ever!
2. Time off! With vacation and the office being closed between Christmas and New Year's I've had time off and just really have been enjoying it. It's so wonderful to have time to think and plan and set goals - the perfect New Year activity.
3. Legacy: Although a sad event happened in the extended family this week, the passing of Doris Isom showed all of us how a legacy can be passed on. A totally gorgeous lady, both inside and out, Doris showed us the importance of leaving memories of a HAPPY, smiling, fun-loving soul. Not a soul who ever came in contact with her left without knowing the value of a loving, friendly, smile. Her visitation (or wake) was a time of wonderful connection with family and friends. May we all leave such a legacy behind.
4. Anticipation: Although 2017 holds unknown struggles and joys, I'm looking forward at all it has to offer. Hopefully, I've learned some things to help make 2017 flow more smoothly. I'm a big lover of new beginnings so this time of year is my happy spot.
5. Quote of the Year - Usually, I share a quote of the week that I have run across in my various readings of blogs and books, but this quote speaks to me so much, maybe because I'm a bible study enthusiast, I'm calling it the Quote of the Year:
…The Word of God on our lips will have the same effect upon the Devil as if he were hearing it from the lips of Jesus Himself!
Every Day with Jesus Daily Bible 12.27.16
I'm almost giddy with excitement with the plans I have made for the coming year. I will be continuing to link up at Friday's Fave Fives every chance I get. I will be co-hosting The Loft each Wednesday with Christine of Whispered Words of Wisdom. I'm also planning to share my new feature, The Morning Page, about three times a week along with continuing my dormant A Word to Stand On bible studies. (Dormant means ready to spring into new life!)
And that's a wrap on this week at the Journey. How did YOUR week go? I'd love to hear about it. Leave a comment, or consider linking your own post at our hostess Susanne's site, Living to Tell the Story. You will love all the bloggers who link up at her community.
I'm also sharing this post at the Grace and Truth link-up at Arabah Joy.