2016 is drawing to a close, and as it does, thoughts of blessing come to the forefront.
It's long been a practice here at the Journey to record on Fridays the blessings that came my way each week, linking up with the great group of bloggers at Friday's Fave Five. It'a a great way to incorporate gratitude as part of your lifestyle.
Here are my five for the week:
1. The grand-twins: You can see changes daily as they grow and the things they come up with amaze me. Last night, they wanted me to play leap frog with them. As they hopped down the hall, they kept saying "Ribbet, Ribbet." I do not know where they came up with that idea, but it was so cute!
Also, when the heater kicks on, they come to me and hold out their hand and say, "Walk." They want me to walk down the hall and sit on the floor in front of the heater. When I do, they come running with a book and plop themselves on my lap, ready for story time.
I thank God every day for the opportunity to be around them as they grow.
2. Thankful for warm sweaters, boots and coats: I have quite the collection and they all still fit and look good!
3. Can I just say how much I love doing Christmas shopping via internet?
4. Can I also say how much I love Christmas cookies baked by other people? Thankful for those who shared their goodies with me this week.
5. Quote of the week (and perhaps the season ...):
“If community is the heartbeat of the gospel, hospitality is the hand that opens the door and waves it in.”
... seen at Living Our Days
I'm in much anticipation because today ends my work week and I have a week of stay-cay coming up along with another week of working from home. Loving the idea of keeping my home office occupied for the greater part of two weeks!
I will be busy reflecting on what blogging in 2017 will look like for me. I'm also going to be asking for feedback so I can determine what best fits the needs of my readers.
How did YOUR week go?I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or consider linking up at the awesomely fantastic hostess of Friday's Fave Five, Susanne of Living to Tell the Story.
I also will be sharing this post at Word of God Speak, a fabulous community at JanisCox.com. Join Janis as she finishes up her Advent series.