Thursday, November 17, 2016

Daybook: 11.14.16

For Today, Monday, November 14th



Looking out my window I see frosted grass - today has been the coldest morning of the season so far, 31°.

I am thinking it is past time for me to get back to writing daybook posts. In October, (and part of November) every spare writing minute has been devoted to the #31Day writing challenge.  Now I'm free to join in with several of the writing communities where I like to participate.

It's good to be free!

I am thankful for uplifting music. Pandora is on nearly all day at the office. I enjoy it so much!


One of my favorite things: cocoa with whipped cream on top - it's almost time to enjoy such treats.

I am wearing an outfit I think resembles what an equestrienne might wear, except I have light gray jeggings instead of jodhpurs. Black riding boots, a black blazer, a red tunic and red and white infinity scarf complete the ensemble. Today is cool enough to wear my blazer inside the office all day.


I am hoping to have some organizing time in the office soon ... and also at my clothes closet!

I am learning to prioritize

In my kitchen, I have already prepped chicken thighs for Jerralea's Broiled BBQ Chicken. I love having half of my kitchen prep done before I come home from work!

Shared Quote

"Facebook is optional." Tad Mills (who attends my church)

A moment from my day



A photo from my trip to East Tennessee last month. Wish I was back there!

Closing Notes


It's taken three days to write this post. Can we say interruptions? But better late than never, I always think. 


Thanks for reading, and I hope you have an awesome week!

~~~




The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can join in at her website, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you goterdone. Have fun organizing. Timely quote...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot cocoa takes the brrrr away, doesn't it, friend ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the FB quote..SO TRUE!! I'm thinking of doing a FB fast for the month of December.

    I love organizing and having dinner prepped early, too!

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I am weird...hot cocoa is my nightly beverage of choice year round...the warm milk and luscious chocolate nearly always pave the way to a quick trip to dream land...now if I can just figure out how to stay asleep during the night!

    Uplifting music always cures what ails me and draws me closer into my Father's arms...so thankful I am able to hear and enjoy music and the voices of my loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as beneficial as it was for me to do the #write31days challenge, i am SOOOOOO glad it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frosted grass? OH, my. We are buried in snow here.
    I'm a Pandora addict too. It fuels my running!
    Visiting from SWDB.
    My SW Daybook – December 2016 edition

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.