Saturday, November 5, 2016

Date

When our niece started planning her wedding, she sent out "Save the Date" cards encouraging us to pencil in her wedding date on our calendars and make plans to come.

My readers may remember the experiment I'm making in my devotional time called the Daily Offering. It's basically making a date each morning to spend time adoring the Lover of My Soul.

Some mornings it's tough to keep that date but I always feel so much better when I do. Time with Him blesses me so much!

Actually spending dedicated time is not just a suggestion but a commandment. The Sabbath has been a part of God's plan from the beginning. Why, He even rested Himself on the seventh day after His work of creation. It's not because He needs sleep, it was for our sake, for an example.

All of us need Sabbath in our lives. I've written concerning Shelly Miller's new book, "Rhythms of Rest" and how her words are convincing me of the need to make Sabbath a priority in my life.


"Sabbath is a weekly dinner date with Jesus, a time set apart when we give him our undivided attention." - Shelly Miller

At our church, Pastor is always saying, "Jesus is the center of everything." If He is the priority in your life, consider keeping a date each week to give Jesus your undivided attention.

He's worthy of our whole heart, mind, body and soul.

~~~

Speaking of heart, mind, body and soul, here's a YouTube video of Love the Lord performed by Lincoln Brewster. 



(Subscribers will need to click through to view the video.)

Our worship team sang this for the first time last Sunday. We loved it!





The Journey is our way Home. There is nothing more important than making that final destination. Jesus paid my ticket there, but I have to walk it out. I will be observing the things that happen while traveling the Journey and writing a daily post about my observations.

If you are a subscriber, you will receive my #31Day posts each day. If you're not a subscriber, why not? Please go up to the Follow By Email box in the very top of the right column and enter in your email address. I don't want you to miss a thing!

You can also click
 here each day and look at the bottom of this post. The link to the newest post will be there.

3 comments:

  1. I do enjoy my "dates" with Jesus praying and reading the word. I'm really good about it Monday through Thursday, but struggle with it sometimes Friday through Sunday these days. Need to be more consistent on those days to stay focused on what really matters and that would be of course Jesus!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Sometimes when that alarm goes of in the dark and cold house, it hard to get up. But I've never regretted it. And I wake up in short order. I've always trusted that God will give me a few minutes to rest later in the day if I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly's book is on my to-read pile! It really is a must-read right about now, isn't it ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.