Monday, October 17, 2016

Study

One of the things I stress on my journey is being a student of the Word. It is so important! 

I thought I'd share with you a translation of 2 Timothy 2:15 that I have not shared before:




Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 AMP)

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but this kind of studying takes effort. The time invested in study is so worth it!

When trials come our way, as they always will, we will then know scripture to stand upon as we wait for deliverance. We can remember we've been promised to always have the Savior with us, even to the very end of our journey.

While thinking about the word "study" I also thought about how important it is to study our people. What makes them sad? happy? fulfilled? What can we do to uplift them? The power to be a blessing can be ours if we are observant and active.

Be encouraged today to study the Word and study your people. It's a rewarding way to spend your time and effort. You won't be sorry!





The Journey is our way Home. There is nothing more important than making that final destination. Jesus paid my ticket there, but I have to walk it out. In October, I will be observing the things that happen while traveling the Journey and writing a daily post about my observations.


Because I like to stretch myself, I will also do a challenge within a challenge - 31 days of 5 minute free writes. I will take a topic and run with it, writing furiously for 5 minutes, tailoring it to relate to my theme of examining life along the Journey.


If you are a subscriber, you will receive my #31Day posts each day. If you're not a subscriber, why not? Please go up to the Follow By Email box in the very top of the right column and enter in your email address. I don't want you to miss a thing!


You can also click
 here each day and look at the bottom of this post. The link to the newest post will be there.


If you would like to join in on the 31 Day Challenge, either as a writer or a reader, go here.


If you would also like to do the 31 Day challenge by doing it in a 5 Minute Free Write format, go here.


2 comments:

  1. True words and good to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought of studying people and then seeing if a scripture would be appropriate to share with them based on what we thought they were going through.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.