Stay-cation weeks are always fun - unless you get hung up on the fact your plans did not come to fruition ... which is what happened on my last stay-cation.
This time around, I decided not to be so hard on myself. It's been a lot more fun.
One way to make a stay-cation week more enjoyable - or any week, for that matter - is to focus on the good things in your life. We bloggers who participate in Susanne's Friday's Fave Five link-up already know that counting at least 5 blessings in your past week makes going into the weekend with the right frame of mind.
So, no more delay, here's my 5:
1. Just having time off really made my week. I'm so grateful to work for a church that offers 4 weeks off after working 10 years for them. I'm so glad I stayed long enough to enjoy it, and I have no plans to leave such an opportunity.
2. No stay-cation would be complete without a trip to the lake. This time, we got in 2 visits in one day.
3. No week is complete without time with the twins. Here is Brody being silly. That boy makes me smile as much as his PaPa does!
4. While I was off, I did a little rearranging of one of my cabinets (funny how things like that excite me) and also packed away some wintry clothes and got out my capris ... About time! I got out some of my old tops and was excited to find this year they fit looser. I made another milestone in my weight loss journey this week, 20 total pounds lost. I've much more to meet my goal but it suddenly now seems do-able. I owe it all to FitBit - or I should say, I owe it to my daughters' example of using FitBit.
5. Today is my honey's birthday which always makes it a good day. We are celebrating with the girls next week but I still want to make mention of him and praise him for being such a good husband! Whenever he does something good, and I thank him for it, he always says, "Tell everybody you see." I get tickled thinking of going into the office the next day and telling Pastor Mike, or one of the library ladies, "Hey, did you know my husband is awesome?" Maybe one day I'll really do it, but for now, I will tell you guys, "My husband is awesome!"
The internet is being goofy and it's taken me all morning to load these pictures, so I'll have to post one of my hubby after the celebration.
How did your week go? I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or consider linking at Susanne's place.