Friday, June 3, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up and F.F.F.

Although the day is almost over, I still find the need to squeeze in a Friday's Fave Five post. I feel my May's Lessons wrapped up the week as well as the month pretty well, but I must make time to give praise for 5 blessings.

1. First of all, a major blessing in my life:  Saturday was the birthday of our first-born.




Isn't she gorgeous? Inside and out. I am blessed.

2. We went for drive for hours in Kentucky.  We ended up at this lake ... and I actually NAPPED while sitting in my chair lakeside. So relaxing!





3. Sunday was our church dinner and gospel singing. It was a great day and lots of food and fellowship. Can we say strawberry pretzel salad? Yum!

4. Monday was Memorial Day. We went and put flowers on the graves of our parents and visited three cemeteries. I'm proud of the legacy left by our people.

5. I liked this quote a lot:  

"My grandmother taught me to be a woman of grace, yet, fierce,”... Think About Your Fashion Legacy

Legacy is a topic I think about a lot ... but maybe not in the realm of fashion. 

And so ends another week on the Journey. How did your week go? I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or consider linking up at Susanne's.


4 comments:

  1. Strawberry pretzel salad, that is a new one for me! It does sound delicious though! Happy belated birthday to your daughter! She is gorgeous!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lovely week of special blessings. Your daughter is so pretty! love her dress!!

    Ive never heard of strawberry pretzel salad! will have to google that!!

    you know I love lakes!!! and one to relax by while looking at the mountains or from my kayak is even better!!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful you lady!
    I can almost feel the breeze and the sun on my face looking at that lake picture. No wonder you got your nap in! :)
    Legacy is something we don't really think about when we are younger but creeps into our minds as we get older and our children start leaving the nest. Yes, I wonder what kind of legacy I will be leaving... Godly woman is what I hope I leave behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that quote! Happy birthday to your daughter...she is lovely. I too find lakes very relaxing and love to take a chair and my book and spend some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.