|I dig her red heels and purse!|
Kipling said, "God could not be everywhere, so he made mothers." Of course, that is not true, God is everywhere, but I do think God made mothers to join with Him in caring for and watching after their children.
He likes to involve us in His work.
I have one of the best. She devoted her life to us and it couldn't have been easy. She lived most of her adult life a thousand miles away from her own mother. With three kids and a husband who was gone much of the time, she alone made our home a safe haven.
|Me, my hubby and my Mom|
A widow since age 55, she went back to work as a "lunch room lady" at school. She kept busy and active and did not retire from that job until she was 75!!!
She has always put her family first and there is never any doubt she is our biggest cheerleader.
|4 Generations: My Daughter, My Mom, Me and the Twins|
Fun Facts about my Mom:
- She loves television.
- She loves to go yard saling.
- Her weakness is sweets.
- She enjoys going to Southern Gospel "Sings"
- She does not like cold weather. At. All.
- When we were growing up, it feels like she made a salad every night of our life. (With oil and vinegar dressing. My dad called it rabbit food.)
The Best Fact about my Mom:
- Every single day, she prays for her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. By. Name.
Yes, I'm blessed she is my Mother!
I'm linking this post up at the The Loft community of Christian bloggers. Go here to read some awesome content by some awesome bloggers.