Monday, May 9, 2016

Daybook - 05.09.16

Today, after a brief hiatus, I am resuming posting my daybook, a journal of our days recording what is going on at that moment in our lives. 

For Today, April 9th


Looking out my window I see an overcast day. I always think of days like these as "pearly gray" days. Light coming through the clouds casts a gray sheen on the world.

I am thinking of the sad fact that our beloved Bro. Walter and Sis. Florence are moving away to be closer to their children. I understand it, I accept it, but I don't like it!

I am thankful for both my family and my spiritual family. They are both precious to me and truly are gifts from God.  I'm also thankful to God for being able to celebrate Mother's Day. There were many years when Mother's Day only reminded me of my barrenness. Little did I know in the future, I'd birth three daughters, and later on down the road, would receive two grandchildren!

One of my favorite things is to receive Mother's Day cards with personal notes inside reflecting our lives together. These are priceless to me.

I am wearing my signature black and white with a splash of coral.

I am creating menu plans, blog posts and bible lessons. (I can pretty well say this each week.) 

I am hoping the forecast for rain next week is wrong. It's one of my stay-cation weeks!

I am learning how much more I have to learn.

In my kitchen where I create family dinners about 4 nights a week, I've planned (and hopefully have all the ingredients) for chicken pot pie, Mississippi Beef Roast, submarine sandwich and broiled pork steak dinners. 

Post Script: If you consider yourself a writer, you will be blessed reading this post, "Shepherds with Pens," by Susan Shipe.

Shared Quote:

“The circumstances we ask God to change, are often the circumstances God is using to change us.” -Max Lucado

A moment from my day - you can't get more "daily-ness" than my efforts to get my steps in. #fitbitcraze ... #thestruggleisreal.





Closing Notes: I hope you have a beautiful week. Meet me here Friday for a wrap-up of the week and a search for blessings. I bet we find some!


______________________________

The Daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can link up, or read other daybooks at her site, The Simple Woman's Blog.

5 comments:

  1. I love your daybook, Jerralea ... black, white, and coral. Yes!

    And can I come for dinner? Yum!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat with the family dinners occurring so often during the week!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always sad when those close to us have to move away.

    We are having more rain here today. We had about an inch last night! I love rain but not when we have to work cattle. That is supposed to be tomorrow. :(

    I haven't got a fitbit but I'm sure I would be addicted if I got one. Grandma is always on me now that I never SIT. That would only make it worse. :)

    Hope you have a nice week! Good to see you at SWDB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jerri, for stopping by my blog and commenting...I truly enjoyed your recent "You Might Be a Christian" series and was enlightened and entertained at the same time!

    I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day...and that quote by Max is so very true...hard to accept sometimes while in the midst of a trial...but the Lord always brings some type of good out of the bad...

    Keep writing my creative friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our pastor and his family have just moved away, and it is a sad thing to have people leave -- even if it's for a good reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.