Friday, April 29, 2016

Yea or Nay




You might be a Christian, if you ... just say yes or no.

A Christian should be a person of their word. It doesn't take long for people to figure out what kind of person you are inside. If your witness is pure, there is no need to embellish any statements you make.

Remember, you represent Christ to all you meet.

Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil. (Matthew 5:36-37 NASB)

Or, to make it plainer:

Don’t even swear ‘By my head!’ for you can’t turn one hair white or black. Say just a simple ‘Yes, I will’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Your word is enough. To strengthen your promise with a vow shows that something is wrong. (Matthew 5:36-37 TLB)

Strive to be a person of integrity. Just say yes (or no) ... and then do it!

~~~



I'm so glad you are here! Follow me each day as I attempt to define what a Christian is ... and isn't. 

I'm always interested in your thoughts. Let me know if there is a word Christians use that you don't understand. I'd be interested to write about it.



This post was written for Day Twenty-Five of my A-Z Blogging Challenge series, "You Might Be a Christian ... from A-Z." Go here each day to see all of my posts each day as they go live.


If you don't understand how a person becomes a Christian, you might want to visit my page, "A Ticket Home." 

If you'd like to read more A-Z offerings, visit the A-Z Home Page to view a plethora of A-Z links. With approx. 1300 bloggers participating, there is something for everybody.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Jerralea! Thank you kindly for stopping By The Lamp Light and leaving kind words. I am enjoying The Loft community.

    Your post speaks to my heart today…a simple yes or no and then DO it! Yes!!! Bless you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along the same lines as this is the saying I most treasure from my Daddy: "Say what you mean and mean what you say." It is something I have always tried to live by.
    Revisit the Tender Years with me at
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why sometimes I get the notifications of your posts a day late, weird with Blogger.

    So true to be a person of our word and to keep our words simple and sweet. That's why I think there are so many scriptures out there reminding us about that.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great series Jerralea! I went back and read some of them (will get to them all!) and was so blessed to have been back to visiting you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.