Monday, February 22, 2016

Journaling on the Journey

On Mondays, I like to post a Journal entry that records the things I'm thinking, praising and planning for the week.

I use the daybook format created by Peggy Hostetler to do that, and I will continue to do so. I will also add a few categories of my own from time to time.

So, let's get to it:

For Today... Monday, February 22


Outside my window... partly cloudy and 37° ... after a couple glorious spring-like days ...


I am thinking... about our Valentine Banquet - that we had last night - and during the worship time, something was said that resonated with me:

"It's never too late to give your life to Him and start a new beginning." ... Terry Robinson

(This also qualifies as a "A favorite quote for today".) It's never too late to begin again.

I am thankful... for the smile on my granddaughter's face when she noticed me come into Dairy Queen on Sunday.  We weren't expecting to see each other, but what a happy surprise!

I am wearing... white ankle jeans, brown top, brown chevron scarf and gold sweater. Oh yeah, wearing my brown booties, too.


I am reading... I've not been reading lately because I've been trying to catch up on other things. I miss it, though, and hope to start back soon ...


In my kitchen... the crockpot is full of chicken cooking so that this week I can make chicken pot pie and chicken and dumplings ... and maybe even White Chicken Chili.


A peek into one of my days...


Driving home after a Saturday out enjoying a sunny day!

One of my favorite things... I love to change out decor from time to time. I put out a few spring flowers out to cheer myself up. I was noticing that March 13 is when Daylight Savings Time begins. Can't wait!

Post Script - I'm crushing on this poem right now. It's so beautiful! Read Christine Malkemes' Contentment Begins at Dawn. I know I mentioned this Friday, but it is good enough to mention twice.


****************************

On my mind:  We've been studying Ephesians in my Sunday School class. Last Sunday, we talked about Christian marriage and submission (always a fun topic!) and this week we will talk about one of my favorite subjects: spiritual armor. Did you remember to suit up today?

I want to accomplish this week: some filing at my home office. I've done so well at work, now it is time to up my game at home. I also want to print off some of my pictures and do some rearranging of my photos. 

Scripture for the week: giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Ephesians 5:20


3 comments:

  1. Always a good reminder to suit up with our armor :) I do the same with chicken in the crockpot; will put in about 5 pounds of it and then shred it and use it for various recipes. Makes meal planning sometimes very easy :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good ideas for that Crockpot chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.