Thursday, November 5, 2015

Drawn to the Light

Light.

I love light. I'm a sunshine-loving for-heaven's-sake-turn-on-the-lamp light freak. I'm drawn to open windows, light-filled photos and I cannot hardly pass up a lamp at a yard sale.

Although, I love autumn, I must have plenty of candlelight supplementing those cozy dark evenings at home.

You've heard the old saying, "Opposites attract?" Well, it's true. Just as much as I love light, it seems the hubby likes dim dark rooms.

Since he is home during the day, and is a night owl, too, he can savor each cozy dark minute I'm away - or asleep - but when I'm home and awake, it's going to be lights a-blazing.

Because like a moth drawn to a flame, I'm attracted to Light. 


Mama’s Losin’ It


This post was inspired by the Writer's Workshop prompt 1.) Write a blog post inspired by the word: light. 

Do you love light? Leave a comment and let me know I'm not the only one!

Or you could link up your own post at Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It.

7 comments:

  1. When I sleep I like total darkness - my husband does not. I bought a sleep mask, and he can keep the bathroom light on (but I wish he'd stop turning on the "runway lights" above the sink mirror, as even the sleep mask is useless as I wake to think I'm going to be interrogated for a crime I committed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love light, too, but that doesn't mean sitting in the blazing sun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. It's amazing how opposites really do attract. I can't wait to be in Heaven where Jesus is the only Light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the light :) I'm always flinging open the drapes in the morning to get as much light in as I can; was disappointed in summer that I couldn't open all I wanted as we were trying to avoid heating up the house and running the air conditioner more than we wanted to. Too many cloudy days in a row would not work for me, definitely need bright and light :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need light but generally only like the real light. It keeps me from being depressed too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I like lights on too unless we're getting a lot of beautiful natural light through the windows. That's my favorite option!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.