This may be a stretch because after 7 years of blogging I feel there is hardly anything you don't know about me, but I love a challenge!
Five Things You Don't Know About Me
- I once had an ambition to join the Navy. A girlfriend and I were going to join together. But then BOOT CAMP and I reconsidered, because one of my life goals is not to sweat.
- I once served on a jury at a federal court. I was all excited thinking I would share in putting a criminal behind bars. Instead, my case was about Timothy wheat ... Hay ... Food for horses ... Yawn.
- I once owned my very own motorcycle. It was a
YamadogYamaha 100. My career as a dirt biker ended pretty quickly when I flipped it climbing a hill. I was on crutches for the next two weeks as I had sprained my knee. I could have scanned in a pic of me on crutches back in the 70s to share, but I didn't think about it in time. You're welcome.
- Another ambition I had that died quickly was to be a baton-twirler. It was in sixth grade and I talked my mom into letting me join a class. We'd already paid money for the class and bought a baton (a real one, not a kid one), when I fell off monkey bars causing a compound fracture of the wrist. The class was over by the time I got out of my cast.
- Although, I only knew how to cook three things when I got married, I quickly learned to love cookbooks and vowed someday I'd write one myself. Then I hit the years of trying to serve food to my pickies and somehow that desire left.
- Procrastination - as in I'm the Queen of procrastination.
- Being Fashionably Late - as in I'm also the Queen of lateness.
- Forgetfulness - When I was 30, my granny remarked, "Lord, have mercy, if you forget this much at age 30, I don't know what will happen when you're my age."
- Beginning to make a recipe only to discover I'm missing an important ingredient - this has happened too many times to count.
- The joy of having grandchildren: The first time I saw mine, I fell for them hard. All they have to do is smile at me, or pout, and I'm their slave.
- The Periodic Table (which if you are a Jeopardy aficionado as I am, you'd know how important it is to know this)
- Shakespeare - ditto
- Mythology - ditto
Five things I believe:
- God is who He said He is.
- Jesus is God's son and the only way to Heaven
- The first commandment is to love Him with everything I am.
- The second commandment is to love others as much as I love myself.
- If I keep busy doing those two commands, I won't have time to get into trouble.
- Bonus: There is always time for lipstick. (Ok, so I'm still shallow ... working on it.)
So ... anything about you that you'd like to share??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Or, you could link up your own post at Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It.