1 Peter 1:3-5 LIVING HOPE
- Peter gives praise, as should we, for the living hope our salvation has given us.
- The reason we have this hope is first and foremost because of God's mercy for us and then because of Jesus Christ's resurrection from the dead.
- The word translated for hope, according to Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries, is elpis, which means "(to anticipate, usually with pleasure); expectation (abstract or concrete) or confidence: - faith, hope."
- Our living hope is that we are a new creation that has inherited a Home in heaven that can never be destroyed, spoil, and it lasts forever. It's reserved in heaven for us!
- But the best part? God guards us through His power so that we will endure until the coming of Jesus (or until we go home to heaven, whichever comes first). We have to have faith, but He helps us.
Because of the resurrection I can confidently hope, so I should live expectantly, obediently and set apart, for this world is not my home.
See you next week!
I'm linking this post with the community at Grace & Truth. To read more inspirational pieces, or link up your own post, visit these great blogs: