Monday, June 29, 2015

Daybook: 06.29.15

For Today... the last Monday of June, 2015


Outside my window... sunshine and gorgeous weather. It was 72° when I got up this morning. How I would have loved to go on a road trip instead of work today ....

I am thinking...of everything that happened this week, and wondering how I, as a Christian, should respond. One thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that I am committed to living the first and greatest commandment, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind," and also, the second commandment:  "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Does loving everyone mean ignoring their sin - or worse, support them in their sin? Of course, not. But rude, hateful and unloving comments will change no one's mind and even drive them further away.

The word says the world will know we are Christ-followers by our love. My prayer is that He will help me live this out by being loving and yet standing for truth.

I am thankful... God is with me every step of the way. He promised to be with me always - even to the end of the world (which looks closer every day.)

I am wearing... a fun teal, black, white and tan zebra top and black cropped pants. So comfy!


I am going... to Florida to visit my mom.


I am reading... "Double Cross" by DiAnn Mills


In my garden... my flowers are growing, and I pray they survive while I am gone.


In my kitchen... meatloaf has been requested so tonight's the night. I'm also making Easy Cheese Potatoes and Strawberry Mousse.


A favorite quote for today...

“Worship is not an experience. Worship is an act, and this takes discipline. We are to worship ''in spirit and in truth.'' Never mind about the feelings. We are to worship in spite of them.” ― Elisabeth Elliot (as seen on Facebook)

A peek into one of my days... on Saturday, Mr. Brody got his first haircut!


Before


After

One of my favorite things... coming home to a clean kitchen. I especially like it when the sun is streaming in the windows on my clean shiny counter-tops. I always try to have the kitchen in order before I walk out the door in the morning.


From the board room... what I am trying out tonight ...


Strawberry Mousse
Recipe and Photo found at Simply Stacie



The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can link up your own daybook at her site, The Simple Woman's Blog.

9 comments:

  1. oh Brody looks just adorable. And I'm with you regarding the Supreme Court decisions and our reactions as Believers. People (Christians) REALLY need to remember that this is a CIVIL LAW...not God's law. GOd's law does NOT change. It never will. He doesn't lie and His Word is Truth. We have nothing to worry about. We know the end of the story!! (:) )
    We need to exhibit love to all because Jesus told us to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. He didn't just say love the white person, straight person, Bible Belt community, etc etc. LOVE ONE ANOTHER means ALL PEOPLE! We do NOT have to agree with the government's decisions at all. We need to stand up for Truth and represent Christ well. UGH...can you tell i've seen too much crap on FB?

    seriously....we just need to love one another and keep God at the center of our lives. And live for Him so others see Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the link to thenstrawberry mousse. It looks delicious. I like your quote and your banner photos are lovely. Enjoy your trip to see your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun to be going to visit your mom!! Those first hair cuts with kids are always so precious!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerralea, it is hard to be a Christian in this world! We can only do it by holding onto His hand daily and walking with Him. No, rude behavior and comments do not persuade anyone to become a follower of Jesus and it breaks my heart when I see Christians acting like that. No, I do NOT agree witht he path our country has taken BUT we have an opportunity to share Christ's love with these folks. Time is growing short and we must be ever vigilent.
    Hope you have a lovely visit with your mom! Wow, what a time to go south! Hope it isn't too hot there. Since we have enjoyed a nice break in the heat here, right?!
    What a sweet picture! Could just squeeze him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "I am thinking", well said. And your quote!

    Such cute pics of Brody, what a cutie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm meatloaf! No one else likes it but me here, so I never make it. The strawberry mousse will be added to my menu for this weekend! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your Simple Woman's Daybook post...OK, so I think I want to eat at your house tonight too!!! That meatloaf, cheesy potatoes and strawberry mousse sound great! ENJOY!!

    Your little one's haircut looks cute...my 4 year old grandson decided last Sunday that he needed a hair cut; and proceeded to to do so...needless to say, mom and dad had to do some trimming up to try to get it even.

    I love Elisabeth Elliot; just finished reading (again) the 40th Anniversary Edition of "Through Gates of Splendor". I wrote several quotes down in a notebook and have also saved several on my computer for later use.

    Enjoyed! Stopping by from Simple Woman's Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate so much your thoughts concerning the things that happened last week...and what is the true biblical way to respond. Brody looks so different with his hair cut...but he's still a sweetie pie. How is it possible for Cute to get Cuter? :) Have a wonderful time when you go to visit your mom, Jerralea. Please tell all about how the Strawberry Mousse turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going backwards here...
    A clean kitchen is a peaceful thing.
    Have fun visiting your mom.
    Love the new haircut!
    Good thoughts on all that is going on these days. Our church had a timely series just in the nick of time and now we are moving on to a new series that will give us even more perspective called "Respectable Sins" All those things we forget that we are doing...
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.