Monday, March 2, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Easy Cheese Potatoes



I'd like to share with you one of my family's favorite side dishes, my easy cheese potatoes. I most frequently serve it with meatloaf.


Easy Cheesy Potatoes


Peel 4 medium potatoes and slice into circles. Put the potatoes in a pan of water and bring to a boil on top of the stove. Cook about 10 minutes.


While potatoes are cooking, make you basic cheese sauce. Combine the following:

2 tbsp. butter, melted



2 tbsp. flour



1/4 tsp. salt



1/8 tsp. pepper



1/8 tsp. dry mustard (very important!)



1 C milk



Mix together with a whisk. Microwave two minutes at a time until thickened. Next, add slices of Velveeta cheese until it becomes the cheesiness that you like. It takes about 8-9 slices for my family. I add about 4 slices at a time and microwave the mixture and then stir, then add more cheese and melt it.


Next, drain the potatoes and place in a casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle the top with extra cheese. This time, I used shredded cheddar cheese but I often put a shredded colby and monterey jack cheese mixture on top of my potatoes.


Then nuke it for 7 minutes.


Wah-lah! Easy-peasy Cheese Potatoes





Comfort food at its cheesiest.



For more great recipes, visit Kim at ForeverWherever.com for her Tasty Tuesday Parade of Food.

3 comments:

  1. Comfort food must include cheese! LOL Thanks for sharing you recipe with us! I love it!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velveta is, indeed, the ultimate comfort food! Your potatoes sound great! I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son requested meatloaf this week. I think I need to try these potatoes-yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.