Who am I kidding? Not just babies, but a lot of things need to be given a timeout. Let them sit quietly for awhile out of the limelight ... and if possible examine the errors of their ways.
Since I'm a lister, and nothing makes me happier than writing a list, here are 10, just 10 of many, pet peeves I wish I could send to timeout.
1. Saggy drawers: Please, fellas, belt it up. No one wants to see what color your boxers are. Especially, no one wants to see your butt crack. Letting your pants settle around your thighs does not make you look fashionable, it makes you look like you are incapable of dressing yourself.
2. Leggings as pants: Okay, ladies, I'm an equal opportunity picker-on-er. Ladies who wear leggings with short tops are exposing every bump, jiggle and cellulite to the world. Those things are never a pretty sight for anyone. Twiggy might be the only one who could get away with such a wardrobe choice. (For those who don't know, Twiggy was an anorexic-looking model in the 60's. Or maybe it was the 70's.) Leggings are meant to be worn with tunics. A tunic is a long top that covers the entire derriere.
3. Hillary Clinton: I'm sorry, Hillary, but until Benghazi is explained, and you show some sincere remorse about the whole debacle, I'm not listening to you.
|photo credit -|
4. People who go to Walmart dressed like they just got out of bed. Have some respect for yourself, people! Or at least respect those who have to look at you. And don't think no one will notice - everybody you ever knew will show up at Walmart if you look like a disaster. If you look all cute, then, of course, you will see no one you know. It's like a law or something.
5. I live near a state highway. People who drive by with their music so loud that it makes it out of their car and down the hill into my living room drowning out MY music tick me off. Mark my words, you'll be deaf someday.
6. Also, people who leave their music on so loud your car windows are shaking while you are pumping gas need to be sent to timeout. You are forcing me to listen to something I would never choose.
(Boy, this feels good to vent!)
7. Manufacturers who sell you a furniture item in a box that will take at least a day of your life to put together. There should be a special timeout for you!
8. Folks who have a crying baby with them while shopping. I realize that sometimes you can't help it, but when they crying goes on and on and loud enough to wake the dead, just grab the basic need and head for checkout. The baby obviously needs a diaper change, food, or comforting. You can't do that shopping. Now is not the time to comparison shop or try on clothes. If it is an older child, tell them in a patient voice, "Stop or we are going home." If they don't stop, put everything down, and immediately walk out the store and go home. You will only have to do that once or twice to get the point across.
9. Cat pictures on Facebook: While I appreciate a funny cat picture as much as anybody, one or two a month should be the rule. Same thing for dog pictures. :)
10. People who block aisles in Walmart visiting with their friends. It's true Walmart is the place to see people you haven't seen in years, but please, find a place where there is little activity and visit there. Please don't park yourself where everyone needs to go!
I see I have a lot of angst concerning Walmart and shopping ...
What would you like put in timeout?
This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt # 6. List 10 people, places, or things you’d like to give a timeout to. Would you like to join in the fun? Visit Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It, to link up.