Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for Riblets and Repent

Some things perform well under pressure and a great recipe that results in tenderness under pressure cooking is my technique for making riblets. You can find out all about how to make them in my post, "In Which I Share My Pressure Cooker Riblets Recipe."

Yum!

We humans don't always perform well under pressure.  We mess up. A lot. In fact, the bible says there never has been anyone, nor will there be anyone, who does not sin. Jesus Christ is the only perfect person to walk the earth.

The awesome thing about God is He has provided an answer to the sin problem. If you are willing to repent - be sorry for your sin and TURN from it - and come to Him, you can become a new creation in Christ. He will give you the power to say no to sin.

I write a lot about mercy and grace. It's all true, every word of it. But if you won't repent, you've already judged yourself. You are saying no to the grace and mercy.

Friends, I beg you to join with Christ. The benefits are out of this world. The consequence of not doing so is unthinkable.

"Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out," Acts 3:19 ESV

I want to leave one last thought with you. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Think about it, is it insane to keep going the way you've been going?





R is for Riblets and Repent is another post from my series, Feasting Body and Soul from A-Z.  I believe family dinner is important and I also believe food for the soul is just as important. Join me each day as I explore feeding both.


During April, I’m participating in the A-Z Challenge.  Over  eight hundred writers (as of last count) will be posting in various categories. Visit here to see a list of all the fantastic bloggers – a veritable smorgasbord of entries to feast upon!


4 comments:

  1. Those riblets look good :) So thankfully simple to come to Jesus; just to repent and believe and receive :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your riblets and repent thoughts! Now you have me singing "It's your kindness that leads us to repentance Oh Lord"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! I love the way you combine food and scriptural truths! It's a delicious combination! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. And now I am craving riblets, though pressure cookers scare the socks off of me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.