I need a 12-step program to overcome this natural inclination of mine. I was going to look into finding such a program, but put it off until tomorrow.
Sadly, that is not the only thing I've put off. There's at least 8 more areas on my to-do list that need to be done, but I'm not feeling it.
1. Pedicure: I need one in the worst way, but I don't want to take the time out of my schedule to go have it done. Definitely, I need to go before sandal weather.
2. I need to get in shape. Like that's going to happen. Because I avoid anything that causes pain or sweat.
3. Closets are always something I fear. Although, I made great strides by my linen closet makeover back last fall (and it still looks good), I've yet to tackle that pit, otherwise known as the floor of my closet in the master bedroom. I'm a-scared of what is lurking in there!
Plus, it would involve pain and sweat - and you know how I feel about that.
4. Scrap-booking: I love it when it's done. I enjoy looking at scrapbooks. I think they are needful. Family history needs to be preserved. I love to buy scrap-booking supplies. The actual sitting down and doing it somehow seems to keep getting put off.
5. In 2011, we had a flood. My favorite piece of furniture, my china buffet and hutch, was damaged. My buffet is special to me because it is the first piece of furniture we bought after we got married. It's real hard rock maple and has no pressed wood. So, the bottom of the needs to be sanded down and refinished. Maybe when I retire ...
6. Although I manage two church offices and love implementing new filing systems, somehow at home, papers pile up. When I walk in the door at the end of the day, the last thing on my mind is filing.
7. Good deeds: I can think up a ton of stuff to do for people but somehow always put it off to do "tomorrow." I wish you could get credit for good intentions!
8. Last on my list, because this is the worst - and the craziest - thing I put off: filing my taxes. It's just nuts. Even on years I expect to get a refund, I put it off. I guess, when you get right down to it, I just do not like the federal government telling me I have to do something by April 15.
I guess there is a little bit of rebellion still down there inside of me!
Do you put things off?
Please tell me I'm not alone. What is the craziest thing you ever put at the bottom of your to-do list?
This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt # 4. 8 things you’re putting off. If you get around to it, why not link up at Kat's blog, Mama's Losin' It, and share your 8?