Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Daybook: 02.24.15

I'm a day late with my daybook this week; but really, the concept of time is over-rated. :)

Better late than never, I always say!


FOR TODAY, FEBRUARY 24th

Outside my window... sunshine hitting the heavily glazed snowfall.  I have to squint as the diamond-like rays bounce across my windshield while driving to work. It's warmer today ... 19° as compared to 14° yesterday.

I am thinking ... I'd be excited if some of you joined us at Testimonial Tuesday. We share stories of answered prayer ... big or small, we want to hear them all.

I am thankful... that Janae and the twins made a safe trip here. Praying we make the most of this special time together and also I am praying for Daniel's safety and his spirits as he is deployed.

In the kitchen... I'm thinking about loaded baked potato soup

I am wearing... my favorite teal tank top with a black and white chevron sweater over it. Black jeans and black boots ... and THREE pairs of socks complete today's outfit.

I am hoping... the snow melts gradually. I don't like flooding!

Around the house... paraphernalia for the twins.  (I just love the word paraphernalia.) As I was surveying our living / dining room, I saw a high chair, a Bumbo chair, a basket of toys and a diaper bag.  A blanket was spread out on the floor with a mobile zoo set up. There's a net with bath toys hanging in our tub and a Pack and Play playpen in the office for naps.  I thought of a poem I read long long ago, There's a Baby in the House:

Yes, there’s a baby in the house . . .
Look there,
there by the door, there where a shoe and a crumpled sock,
and a bright red block,
and a short fat elephant clutter the floor,
and the signs are clear . . .
A baby is near. 
You can click here and read the entire poem. (We do have a short fat elephant in our little toy basket!)

I am pondering...how blessed we are to get to have our daughter and the twins near us!

A favorite quote for today...

“Our souls weren’t made for the easy life. Our souls were made for the easy yoke.” John Ortberg. Seen at Emily P. Freeman's blog,  Chatting At the Sky

One of my favorite things... when I leave the room and one of the twins comes crawling looking for me!

A few plans for the rest of the week: playing with babies, working on my A-Z challenge posts for April.

A peek into my day...  I pull out my camera, and who comes as quick as they can?





Hams! Both of them!

~~~

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Blog.

10 comments:

  1. Hoping it warms up more for you all! Three pairs of socks! I can see myself doing the same thing with temps that cold!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm loaded potato soup! What cute kiddos!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful week you have in store! And what cuties! Your soup sounds very good, especially on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those precious faces, it's sure to be a wonderful week around your place!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those precious faces, it's sure to be a wonderful week around your place!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I do think the twins are as cute as can be!

    The soup was great. I will definitely do it again.

    Betty, today it might get to 40°. I'm a wild and crazy girl so I only wore one pair of socks today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I read your post, I thought of how God was woven into your life. From God's creation and the beauty outside our windows to the anticipation of changing seasons and to the richness of new life (the twins and enjoying family.) We are blessed in our "bizi!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, good to see you Betsy! I hope married life is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowdrop, YES, God is woven into my life, and my aim is to get the weave even closer to Him.

    He is so good to me and I love the life He has given me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.