I'm thankful for the story of:
- Joseph. His story teaches me perseverance and continuing to believe what God has told you, no matter what comes your way.
- David. His example is of someone who sinned greatly but repented perhaps better than anyone else. God said David was a man after His own heart. What an honor to have that said about you!
- Ruth. Her story is one of faithfulness. In the end, she received an honor few other women received - Her name is mentioned in the genealogy of Christ.
- Mary. She chose to obey God's will even when she knew it would mean disgrace and heartache. She also is the most blessed among women.
- Peter. I'm so glad God included the story of an impulsive person who often acted before he thought. Peter did a lot of things wrong - just like I have done - but he truly loved Jesus and Jesus used Peter in building His church.
- BONUS: Of course, if I'm sharing stories, I can't leave out the story of the one perfect person, Jesus. His story made it possible for me to have a story - A story of forgiveness and being adopted into God's family.
Now it's your turn. What blessings can you count today? Leave a comment and share, or if you have a blog, consider linking up below. Praise Posts are running through the month of November. We are thanking God for 5 blessings each day to total 150 praises. You don't have to elaborate, just list if you want. Jump in right where you are whether it's Day 24 or Day 29. I'd love for you participate!
[Subscribers, you will need to click through to my blog to link up.]