Happy Friday, everyone!
This week on the journey has been spent mainly writing, or thinking about, my 31 Days of Life on the Journey posts. I've not much else to report but still I'm sure I can find 5 things that brightened my week.
1. I pulled out a few more fall decorations. There is just something about orange, gold and ruby reds that make me feel happy.
2. The twins turned 4 months old this week and had their check-ups:
3. We had some yummy chicken and dumplings this week. I love it when I already have the chicken cooked and shredded and the dumplings made waiting in the freezer. Just get some broth boiling, add the dumplings and chicken and 40 minutes later, comfort food awaiting your first bite.
4. We also had breakfast for dinner one night, and I thought I would share this tip that made it so easy for me. I had a ketchup squeeze bottle that I had emptied and cleaned up. I put my pancake batter in the bottle and squeezed out perfect "silver dollar" sized pancakes on my griddle. So cute, and less messy, because I always drip batter everywhere when I'm ladling batter out of the bowl onto the griddle. You're welcome!
5. Quote of the week: I'm still crushing on Max Lucado's books. I'm all excited because our library just got in a new one. Guess what I'll be checking out next?
Here is a gem from Max:
“Nature is God's first missionary. Where there is no Bible there are sparkling stars. Where there are not preachers there are spring times...If a person has nothing but nature, then nature is enough to reveal something about God.”
― Max Lucado
And so ends another week on the journey. How did YOUR week go? Please share by leaving a comment, or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.