Saturday, October 11, 2014

Day 11: Teach

www.NewsletterNewsletter.com
Over the years I have taught a variety of age groups - Daisies, Teenagers, Ladies' bible studies, Adult Sunday School classes, and most recently, Wednesday night bible studies.

I have found out some things during those experiences.  It is a whole lot easier to get your point across if you can relate it to personal experience. People want to know if what you are saying relates to their lives.  

Same thing applies to sermonizing.  To me, the best preacher is one who can illustrate his sermons.  The examples shared will stick with you a lot longer than a long speech.

Did you know all believers are called to be teachers?  The Great Commission, which is for all believers, tells us to go out and make disciples, and then, teach them to observe all He has commanded us.

Teach them to observe - in other words, model what the Bible says. Live it before them.

A tall order, but He has promised to help.

~~~

I once sat under the teaching of Wes Woodruff who did an amazing job of coming up with real life experiences. Every. Time. He. Taught. Thanks, Wes.  I appreciate your labors.
What do you think is the best way to teach?  Do you have a favorite teacher?  Your words are important; please leave a comment and share.



This post is Day 11 of a series entitled 31 Days of Life on the Journey where I share about my journey as a believer, wife, mom and grandmother.  I invite you to return each day to find the newest link here. Myquillin at The Nester is the creator of the 31 Day Challenge.  I'm linking this post to the category, "Faith and Inspiration." You can also visit Kate's blog, "Heading Home" to read the posts of all the other participants of the 31 day challenge who are writing on her daily prompts for 5 minutes. Today's prompt is "teach."


You can read each day's post in order as they are published by clicking on the link here. Or you could subscribe to my blog - I wouldn't want you to miss a thing! Just fill in your email address in the box below the words "Follow by email" second from the top in the upper right hand column.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree that it is good to teach if you can back it up with personal experience. The pastor at our church was preaching on angels and demons yesterday and gave a personal experience relating to them in his life. It really drove the message home with him opening and sharing that experience. Yes I do believe we are all teachers. We don't have to teach with just words but actions can be teachable moments too.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.