Friday, September 12, 2014

Ready for anything!

READY - SET - GO!


Each day I start out the day's activities with making out my to-do list. Sometimes it feels a bit overwhelming...

I list each thing I know that needs to be done - everything I can think of to list. Then I put stars by the ones that need to be done that day. For example, today's list is 18 items, 10 of which really need to be completed by day's end.

I take a deep breath and choose one and get started right away. I'm ready to conquer my Mt. Everest list of chores.

It's bad form, perhaps, but I like to tackle first the most do-able of my items. The satisfaction I feel when an item is checked off is motivation to continue.

However, some days just don't go like you plan.  In fact, most days don't. You have to be flexible. The tyranny of the urgent needs to take over.  

Sometimes, God just has other plans for my day. His plans need to come first, because as long as I'm breathing, tomorrow will be another day.

Another to do list with clean un-checked boxes.

Another day to be ready for anything!


5 Minute Friday is now hosted by Kate at the blog "heading home." This is meant to be a free write, which means: no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. 



Just write.


Also, the most important rule is that you visit the blog of the person who linked up before you and leave some encouragement.  That’s the most fun of all, and the heart of this community.

So, are you READY for anything? Your words are important, so please leave a comment and share.


5 comments:

  1. He does tend to "adjust" our day's plan sometimes. Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And God's plans, even when they deviate from what we may want to do or have to do, are always the best plans for us in so many different ways.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a list maker and love to check off as things are completed. My days aren't as ordered now that I'm retired and I have more time to complete things but I still make lists from time to time. Often when God changed our plans, they turn out to be the best day of the week. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you re-list the things that you did not get done on tomorrows list? I tend to keep a running master list and then when making my daily list I might get to put one of the master list things on it. The master list also helps me to stay focused and plan for those bigger projects. Always amazed at how encouraging lists are to show me things I managed to get done and yet plenty of things just can't seem to get crossed off. Loving God and Loving Others is the motto and sometimes that means saying no to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true of not just our days, but often much larger portions of our lives, isn't it? Great way to look at things, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.