Monday, August 11, 2014

Daybook: 08.11.14

FOR TODAY, Monday, August 11th

Outside my window...an overcast humid day

I am thinking... of things that need to be done and the best way to accomplish my goals.

I am thankful... for the wonderful life I've been given.  Last week, when I wrote "Fill Me Up" for the 5 Minute Friday meme, I started thinking about all the wonderful opportunities I have had.  Going to youth camp was such a special time in my life.  I'll never forget it. One thing I remember was when I participated in the choir and we were practicing for the service that night, our instructor told us that God deserved our best and we should strive to be as professional as possible. After all, He gave us His best.  I've never forgotten those words.

In the kitchen... pork steaks marinating for tonight's dinner

I am wearing... white capris, aqua cami and aqua print tunic (think Hawaiian print)

I am creating... a collage wall in the office.  I need one more piece to round it out ... The fun part is a treasure hunt for just the right piece.

I am reading... "HEAVEN SENT RAIN"  by Lauraine Snelling.  Very interesting so far.

I am looking forward to... opportunities to blog about some new ideas

Around the house... I'm happy because I finally got a few little projects done that I wanted to do.  Things look brighter and less cluttery.  Win-win!

A favorite quote for today...  

Giving is the only antidote to materialism. - From The Treasure Principle –  by Randy Alcorn

One of my favorite things... grandbaby photos - as if you didn't know that already about me!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I'm on a roll and hoping to tackle some filing projects I've been procrastinating about doing.

A peek into my day... I'm still in a nostalgic frame of mind. Here is a photo of a path I walked many many times ... and the location of where I once acted out the story of Mary Ingalls. You can read about my adventures here.


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

7 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading your daybook..that road looks so lovely....i would love a stroll!! it must feel so good to get those projects done around the house and office! enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the path; that would be interesting to walk on. It is always good to get some projects tackled and have a less cluttery house!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your wall in your office! Sounds like great fun!
    Enjoyed visiting with you this morning! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers. I love to work on collages. I have one hanging about my computer of family photos. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things are pretty calm your way! Hope you get all those projects done that your wanting to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pork steaks. YUMMMM. Notice I zeroed right in on the food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heaven Sent Rain - I haven't heard of that one. I'll look forward to what you think about it. Getting projects done around the house is always a happy moment for me too! I've finally gotten around to transferring some old videos to DVD and digital, and it's a HUGE relief. Hope you've had good progress with your filing projects this week. That's on my master to-do list, too, but it won't happen this year. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.