Yet, I have to go to work at my windowless office.
There are so many things I'd rather be doing ...
- For instance, I'd rather be on a road trip. What a great day for an adventure! This would be the perfect day for sightseeing, stopping for photo ops and finding just the perfect spot to set up the lawn chairs, preferably by a body of water of some kind with shade trees nearby.
- Or, I could go thriftng. Poking around some little hole-in-the-wall shop where I might find an awesome treasure sounds like fun.
- Along the same lines, even though it is a Thursday, if there were any yard sales going on, today would be a great day to drop by to see if I could snatch up something interesting.
- When the air feels like today, I feel energized. If I were home, today would be a good day to tackle an organizing project ... like that linen closet that needs a complete overhaul ... or the shelving unit in the utility room that is crammed full of stuff.
- I could wash those windows I keep saying I need to do.
- Perhaps, I might go over to my daughter's and laze in her pool.
- I could find a shady spot and read a book while sipping a sweet tea.
- Or, I could take a nap ... nah, let's be real, I only nap on Sundays.
- If I could do today whatever I'd really want to do, I'd be in Colorado Springs loving on my twinsies!
This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 1.) 9 things you'd rather be doing today. What would YOU rather do today? Leave a comment, or you could link up at Kat's blog, Mama's Losin' It.