Here is how my week went:
1. Awesome worship: Our worship team works hard. We meet every other Saturday to pray over and practice the line-ups I sometimes agonize over. Sometimes it is easy to pick what to sing, other times not so much. I am hindered by the fact that I do not know what I'm doing. I'm always thinking certain songs flow together when in reality they are in different keys or different tempos. But when it all works right, it is so fulfilling! When the Holy Spirit moves during the worship times; well, that is just the best and my highlight of the week. This past week, the sound and monitors worked perfectly and I could hear everyone. Actually. Worshiping! We had a new lady visit this past week. She didn't speak a word in class but during worship she stood in the back the whole time with her hands in the air singing and praising God. It makes my heart swell when I see things like that.
2. New boss: At my full-time church, a call was extended to a pastoral candidate this weekend and he accepted. I'm excited to work with a pastor again and looking forward to new vision and to see what God has in store for this fellowship of believers.
3. Day off: You know I love me some down time at home and this Memorial Day was perfect. I didn't have to go anywhere and we had our first grilled food of the season.
4. Birthday girl: On Wednesday, we celebrated the birthday of our oldest daughter, Elissa Joy. Remembering how God blessed us with children after 10 long years of infertility is totally a highlight. We love and appreciate our gift of Elissa - she loves God, loves her students and her job, and is a big help to us. She is our IT person and general go-to girl.
Instead of cake, she requested birthday ice cream:
Hey, I aim to please - how cool is it that the wrapper has her name on it?
5. Quote of the week: So today, I turned the page on my perpetual calendar, and here is today's quote:
"There's always something for which to be thankful." - Charles Dickens
How appropriate is that for Friday's Fave Five?
So, tell me, how did your week go? Leave a comment, or if you'd like to join the FFF crew by linking up and posting, we'd love to have you. Visit Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story, and link up.