Ah, but every week may not be filled with big events; however, we can always find highlights if we look for them.
1. This week ended the A-Z Challenge. I was able to finish writing 26 days in a row (excluding Sundays) on my theme of 26 words for reflection, starting with my 2014 word of the year, abiding, and ending with the word zeal. I had great fun coming up with the posts -seriously, it was like, the highlight of my day - and enjoyed meeting new bloggers and welcoming visitors to the Journey. You can find all the links to my words of reflection here.
2. Last Saturday, we took a mini-road trip to fulfill a friend's request. One of Jim's online friends asked us if we would be willing to go to a cemetery close to us and take a picture of her brother's grave. She lives far away and is not sure if she will ever be able to do it herself. Of course, we agreed. We just had to wait for a free Saturday that had no rain. It took awhile for that day to come.
Finally, we took off to a national cemetery for veterans located in southern Illinois. It took quite awhile for us to figure out where the gravestone was. We were the only ones there that day.
This sign greeted us.
We found the grave in the fourth row from this tree.
Rest on, PFC Pevytoe, and thank you for your service.
3. Update on prayer requests: A couple weeks ago on a Daybook post, I mentioned our good friends, the Mayberrys, going through a trial. Wayne was injured in a fall when working on a roof. I just want to let you know that God did answer our prayers. Wayne's surgeon said the heel fit right back together like a puzzle. He was able to go home the next day, in spite of all his injuries! He has a long recovery ahead but is doing well.
On that same post, I asked for prayer for our friend, Michael, who was going through his third surgery for a retinal tear. I'm happy to report that when the Doctor performed the surgery, he could not find a tear anywhere!
I thank God for His hand upon my friends.
4. Can I just say I love the song Cornerstone by Hillsong? It is playing on a continuous loop through my mind this week.
(If you are reading this post through your email, you will have to click through to view the video)
5. Anticipation: Tomorrow is Saturday. Liss and I are going to yard sale for the first time this year. Jim and I hope to work in a road trip. Life is good!
And so ends another week on the Journey. How has your journey been? Leave a comment, or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story, and tell YOUR story.