Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for Integrity

Today's word for thought is integrity. What does it mean to have integrity?

I like Yahoo Answers' definition:  "To have integrity means that you do the right thing, make the right choices, without anyone watching."

It's one thing to do right with a crowd watching you, because you know you will hear about it later, if you don't! But when it's only you and God? It's a good feeling to know you did what you should have done even if no earthly person would ever know.

You would know.

When you lay your head down to sleep at night you can have peace knowing you did what was right.  The times in my life when I knew I messed up were times of sleepless nights and no peace in the heart.

It's not worth it!

Hey, the one person you can't fool is yourself.  You have to live with you ... forever.  Don't do something you'll regret and have to deal with for eternity.

Do the right thing.



This post was written in community with the April A-Z blogging challenge.  To read others' work, go here.

3 comments:

  1. Such an important personality characteristic. We used to spend an entire class period on this in my health classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reminder! Integrity is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that definition of integrity. I think that is a fitting one and one I would want to try to live by!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.