Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Daybook: 03.10.14

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, MARCH 10TH

Outside my window... fog and temps in the mid-thirties.  It is supposed to warm up today.

I am thinking...about choices and how we can make a choice  how the atmosphere in our home will be.  We can choose how we are going to react to someone else's bad choices.  I'm remembering the only choice I have to answer for are the choices I make myself.

Because in the end, I cannot make anyone choose the right thing. I can be an influence - I never want to forget that, but I cannot control anyone but me.

Heavy stuff.

I am thankful... for 1 John 1:9. A sincere heart can always be forgiven.

In the kitchen... ham and Hawaiian bread tonight

I am wearing... a teal cardi, a black and white ruffled tank and black jeans.  Yes, I embrace my black pants. I know I wear them a lot but all my stuff goes with them.  Don't judge.

I am creating...plans for organizing my linen closet.  I'm also going to attempt to make it pretty as well as organized.  First up, getting my organizational supplies together.  I'll be sharing blog posts about this project along the way.

I am going... to always embrace the positive.  The alternative is just not my style.

I am wondering...why when I find a product I like, it becomes hard to find.  For example, I love Clorox Fragranza disinfecting cleaner in the green scent.  I've got my daughter using it at her house as well.  Now I can't find it anywhere so I have to try something else. Grrr....

I am re-reading... "Mountain Top," by Robert Whitlow.  He is one of my favorite authors.

I am looking forward to... Janae's baby shower.  I just bought the twins some of the cutest onesies!

I am learning how short life is.  I don't want to waste it.

Around the house... things are looking good.  (Except for that pesky linen closet.)

A favorite quote for today...

Will the road you're on get you to my place? - God
I saw this slogan on one of the bulletin boards at the church where I work.  I love it!

One of my favorite things... going to the hair stylist.  It just makes me feel so much better about life in general when I feel good about my hair.

A few plans for the rest of the week: this week is a fairly quiet one.  Saturday we have plans with our best friends so that is something to anticipate.

A peek into my day...





Blast from the past:  A favorite photo of the Teacher and me, 7 years ago


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. I need to find me a pair of black jeans that I like. I agree, they do go with more of my things.
    My linen closet is always a disaster. I can clean it out and two or three days later it is cluttered up again... :(
    Nice quote! That will make you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your daughter? Nice hair cuts! Love the post from your church sign. MIght have to steal that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.