Because love is the thing. Love is why we were put in this world by a God who loved us and who wants nothing more than for us to love Him and love each other.
Because He has loved us so well, each of us have blessings in our lives. Friday's Fave Five exists to remind us of those blessings.
Here are mine:
1. The first and foremost blessing this week undoubtedly is the news that our expected twin grandbabies are healthy, doing well, and are a boy and a girl. Just what all the family had been hoping and praying for! My post in which an exciting announcement is made tells more.
2. No snow days! Believe it or not, this is a good thing. I like when life settles into a routine and I'm able to keep up with everything. It's predicted that next week we might see 60°. Crazy!
3. Hot cocoa and the Olympics: each night after all chores are done, my hubby and I enjoy a cop of hot cocoa and switch on the Olympics. I totally get mesmerized by all the physical feats the athletes perform. I love it all - from alpine skiing, moguls, half pipe skateboarding and of course, figure skating - it's fascinating to watch.
4. Interesting bible study: I'm really enjoying digging into the word, specifically 1 Peter. I'm so thankful to be a part of the chosen generation who has been called out to show forth the praises of Him! It's so easy to do - praising Him - because there are so many blessings all around us.
5. Date with hubby: last Saturday, we celebrated our 38 years of marriage with dinner out and a movie. So glad to have 38 years with my man! I'm also glad of a great steak dinner that I didn't have to cook. We saw the movie, Lone Survivor, which made me thankful for our military. It also makes me amp up my prayers for Daniel, our son-in-law, who is in the Army.
And so ends another week on the Journey. How did your week go? Please leave a comment and share or link up at Susanne's place, Living to Tell the Story.