Monday, February 24, 2014

Daybook: 02.24.14

FOR TODAY, THE LAST MONDAY IN FEBRUARY

Outside my window... a sunny day, pretty blue skies but brown trees and grass everywhere ... can't wait for some COLOR!
I am thinking...I'm sad the Olympics is done.  I really enjoyed watching every night.
I am thankful...for the Word.  I am so blessed to have easy availability to God's Word.
In prayer for ... healthy twin grandbabies, for my nephew who is in training at a new job, for a young mom I know who needs a better job and for Terry Smythia, a missionary who is going through chemo at the present time.
Praising God for ... a lady who came to church and rededicated her life to God this past Sunday.  She is the mom to the girl I mentioned a couple weeks ago who interrupted bible study to ask if she could get saved right then.  It's so awesome to see God at work in this family.
In the kitchen... I haven't made up my mind for sure (this is bad!).  It will probably be spaghetti.  It's so good to take in lunches the rest of the week.
I am wearing...dressy jeans, brown beaded top and leopard print blazer.  Also, I'm wearing my new beige flats and my feet are feeling good!
I am creating...a centerpiece for my table that can be changed for each holiday or season.  See below for my St. Pat's day attempt.
I am reading... "I Saw the Lord," by Anne Graham Lotz.  Excellent!  I'm going back through and writing down the highlights.
I am looking forward to... our daughter Janae's visit in April.

A favorite quote for today...

Psalm 16:2-3  (NKJV)

O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”
One of my favorite things...the apple, chicken, cranberry salad at Burger King.  I'm like ... kind of addicted to it.
A few plans for the rest of the week: getting ready for a board meeting tonight and then the meeting is tomorrow night. I want to pack away all my snowman and remaining winter decorations this week.  Think spring!
A peek into my day...
 Thinking March already ...

The daybook is a concept conceived by Peggy Hostetler.  If you would like to link up, visit her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Girl I put out my St. Patricks Day decorations the day after Valentines, no lie! It is so fun to decorate for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing to witness God at work in individuals! Spaghetti is always a big hit at our house. I love anything with cranberries in it! I should probably stay away from that! I have been doing some redecorating in my blog world. I like to change with the seasons or holidays. :) I agree! I am so ready for COLOR!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.