Friday, January 10, 2014

Open My Eyes

SEE

As a worship leader, when my eye falls on a certain word, I think of a song.  The word, "see," immediately makes me think of the song, "Open My Eyes, Lord."  There is a line in that song that especially speaks to me, "I want to see Jesus."

Oh, seeing Jesus would be the ultimate.  I can think of no higher experience than looking into the eyes of the One that loved me so, and the One I adore above all else.

Unless the Lord grants me a special miracle, I won't see the face of Jesus until I step through the gates of Eternity.

But I can see Him THROUGH others, through those who have allowed Him to be their Lord and Savior.  His love shining out through them is a marvelous sight to behold.

I can see Him through the words of His love letter to me - the Bible.  The things I see there are so radical and life-changing I have to look at them again and again.

I can see Him through the beautiful world that the Trinity created together so long ago in the beginning. My favorite thing is to travel seeing the glories of nature.  I adore landscapes because what can be more beautiful than something created by the Master Artist?

One of my favorite ways to see Him is through the touching innocence of a newborn baby. It melts the heart.

Open my eyes, Lord.  I want to see you everywhere you are.

STOP

Five Minute Friday

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the challenge of seeing Jesus in all that is around, in every direction that I look. :-) Glad to be your 5mf neighbor this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful gift in writing. I love real your 5 minute Friday post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.