Monday, January 6, 2014

Daybook: 01.06.13

FOR TODAY, the first Monday of 2014

Outside my window...
sun shining, but wind howling.  -1° Wind chill is -8°
I am thinking... today would have been my dad's 79th birthday.  He died at 55 and I still miss him and think about him all the time.
I am thankful...the power never went out during the snow/sleet/ice storm yesterday.
In the kitchen... I haven't decided yet.  Something warm and comforting would be good.  Yesterday, I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes, two of my favorite comfort foods.
I am wearing...jeans and a Missouri T-shirt since I didn't go to the office today.
I am creating... some bible lessons on 1 Peter 1.
I am going...nowhere today.
I am wondering...what sex my twin grands will be.  We find out January 27th.
I am reading... Tozer's "The Pursuit of God." I love reading Tozer.  He really speaks to me.
I am hoping... for a break in winter weather.
I am looking forward to...our plans to go on date night with our friends, Wayne and Glenda.  It's been awhile since we have gotten together.
I am learning to tell myself, "No."  Jesus said that we must deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him.
Around the house... things are looking good! All the Christmas decor is put up with the exception of a few snowmen and my wreaths on the doors.  I feel those can stay during January.
I am pondering ... my 2014 One Word, abiding, and how I shall put it into practice.

A favorite quote for today... from the book, The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer:


"We pursue God because, and only because, He has first put an urge within us that spurs us to the pursuit."


Every good thing we have, or are, is because God gave it to us.  I can't get over His goodness to me.

One of my favorite things... a day at home (or two or three) ...
A few plans for the rest of the week: nothing special, just enjoying life.
A peek into my day...




Our daughter, Malia, loves zebra, too.

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, "The Simple Woman's Daybook."

3 comments:

  1. The Pursuit of God is EXCELLENT! I read it a couple years ago.
    We got the same storm here in Missouri. I am thankful too that the power stayed on or Mr. Homesteader would have had to go out to work (he works for the power company) and get everyone back on. I worry so when he works storms of any kind. Terrible cold here. It has been many years since we have had such extreme temps.
    Can't wait to hear what the little ones will be! Perfect no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of my mom as the sixth was the day she passed away. You miss them like it was yesterday. So many in PEI lost power due to the hydro shutting down to save in other areas. I've read this has happened in other places as well. We didn't get any ice storm that would create a power outage. It is cold everywhere, unusual

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of my mom as the sixth was the day she passed away. You miss them like it was yesterday. So many in PEI lost power due to the hydro shutting down to save in other areas. I've read this has happened in other places as well. We didn't get any ice storm that would create a power outage. It is cold everywhere, unusual

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.