I was unable to be with the Friday's Fave Five crew last week due to a winter storm which knocked out my internet capabilities.
No worries, though. It just gives me plenty to share this week.
1. Accomplishment: As I always do at the start of any time off, I made a list of projects to be used as a goal to make my time off productive. I never expect to get everything done. The list is just something to give me guidance. This time the whole list was achieved - I marked off every single item. What a great feeling!
2. New Office: My new home office is coming along. The theme is teal with zebra accents. It is so nice having everything all together in one room. I am waiting for my rug to come in before I share pictures of the whole room, but here is a quick glimpse of my filing center .... if only I liked to file ...
(I shared a photo of the photo album center in my Daybook: 12.09.13 post.)
Also, in our new office, I took over the closet and made it a place to hang up all my shirts, cardigans and jackets. My boots are all there, too. I tried to sort by color as well.
It's really hard to get a good shot of a closet, I found out ... The crate in the closet holds all the sheet music I've collected for the worship team.
3. Snowmen: I like to decorate with snowmen this time of year. Here is my latest centerpiece I put together:
Everything was thrifted except the white snowflake ball, which I got half-price at Hobby Lobby.
Since the snow has mounded up so much in front of the shed where my Christmas decorations are stored, I have not decorated for Christmas much. Maybe this coming week!
4. Space: Because of moving all the desks and related paraphernalia out of the living room, there is now so much space in there! I adore it. It just feels relaxing to sit in a room that is uncluttered. I've not had time to take photos of the living room yet but soon I will share.
I'm waiting on new curtains to get here before I take photos. I earned them on Swagbucks! It's really satisfying to get curtains for free. I've been saving my points for a long time when I ran across a good deal and cashed them in.
5. Quote of the week: I started reading "Wounded by God's People," by Anne Graham Lotz. It's a very interesting book and early in the book, Anne says something that resonated with me:
"I am deeply motivated to know God. I want to know Him as He truly is, not through the distorted reflection of those who called themselves by His name."
I'm deeply motivated to know Him, too. And I'm challenged to make sure the God I portray to others by my witness is the God I know and love.
And so ends another week on the Journey. I pray you are well and happy during this Christmas season. How has your week been going? Please share in the comments or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.