Friday, November 1, 2013

F.F.F. - 11.01.13

Happy first Friday of November, 2013.

We've been having weird spring-like weather this past week with even a tornado watch last evening. But all is quiet on the homefront this morning.  In fact, it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.

Time to reflect on the past week and the blessings I've found.  I say found because I have learned over the years to look for blessings.  They are always there even when it doesn't seem very evident.

1.  Last Saturday, was a wonderful day.  We went to a concert at our home church.  The event started with the Teen Challenge Choir.  I always love to hear the Choir.  Their singing and testimonies of changed lives never fails to move me.  Then, we had a treat, a gospel trio of three red-headed triplets called The Red Roots.  What an awesome group!  I really enjoyed them.  Here is a little video clip of them - if you are reading this post in your email as a subscriber, you may have to click over to my blog to see it.
















2.  Later that day, I got to meet with one of my besties, Cora, for dinner and girl-talk.  Gotta love those!

3. Sunday night, we had a special prayer for the future of our church.  It was a sweet time of prayer and unity among the church family.  God answered one prayer and we are believing to see His will for our church revealed. God impressed upon me (again) that nothing is too hard for Him and His arm is not too short that He can't save!  What we are asking is not even half as hard as parting the Red Sea or raising Lazarus from the dead ...

4. I enjoyed writing my series, 31 Basics for Believers.  It's funny, when I started out, 31 days seemed kind of daunting, but I easily thought of 31 things to talk about.  (After all, I will be hitting #1,000 posts in a couple weeks - I'm experienced in coming up with writing topics.) After the 31st post was written yesterday, I then thought of two more rather important points.  Oh well, there is always next time ...

5.  Quote of the week:  

"Our purpose revolves around one thing - sharing the gospel ... but our position may only be momentary." (My pastor, Travis Schroeder)

What a great reminder that God might move us at any time to be more effective in fulfilling our purpose.  Be flexible and willing to change!

And so ends another week on the Journey. How was YOUR week?  I'd love it if you would share.  Either leave a comment or link up at Susanne's blog, the heart and soul of Friday's Favorite Five, at Living to Tell the Story.






5 comments:

  1. Our weather has been up and down, too.

    I did a 31 day series on missionary stories and felt the same way. I'll have to look up some of your basics.

    The church prayer time sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well than k you for posting that video!! I have now found a new Christian girl band for my girls!!! I LOVED watching them and they Re very talented!! Are they local to you ? I am gonna have to google them for some info...would love a cd for my daughters for Xmas!! I love good prayer time at church and yay for the Teen Challenge Choir...that has been an important ministry for years. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's a lot of talent in one family! What a blessing! Yeah for dinner and girl talk! We need that sometimes. I too enjoyed your 31 Basics for Believers! Thank you for doing that. You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being flexible and willing to change is something I have tried hard to work at. Concerts are always so much fun. Those girls are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for good fun music. I'll go listen to Red Roots. Thanks!
    My daughter and grandson were in the tornado watch too--they were wakened by the notification and spent 'special time' in the basement. :) I'm glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.