Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm a Read-aholic



Hello, my name is Jerralea and I am a read-aholic.


Since the day I learned to read (and I can't even remember when that was), I've been reading everything that my eyes fall upon.  Sure, I read tons of books, magazines and papers but also the not-very-exciting stuff such as bill inserts, the backs of cereal boxes and can labels.

Why, I even keep the caption set on my TV so that I can read along with my programs!  My favorite television shows?  Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune because there are words to be read on their sets ...

Yes, words are my life, which is why my second greatest addiction is blogging.  I love writing words of my own and reading all of my favorite bloggers' writings.

Unlike some who go into treatment to be cured of their addictions, I plan to never stop. If at all possible, I'll be reading on the last day of life trying to cram in "just one more chapter!"


Mama’s Losin’ It

This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 3.) Hi, my name is ______ and I am a _______.  I figure of all the things that describe me, read-aholic was at the top of the list.  If you'd like to join in, link up at Mama's Losin' It.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning! I a little blurry eyed because I am reading a book that I just can't put down! I understand. I wish that the writing part would come to me like it does to to you but I struggle really putting my thoughts down! I think that blogging is helping me do that a little better all the time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your last paragraph. Made me smile cause I am so there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.