Another week on the Journey has slipped away. How quickly time goes!
I love to pause on Fridays and reflect on the good things the week brought. Sometimes, there is slim "pickin's" but there are always good things to be found.
1. One good thing this week is that I discovered Selah! I love this Christian music group, and I love the playlist on You Tube that allows me to listen all day long ... after I exit out a few ads ...
2. Another good thing is that I took my first step towards freezer cooking. I got 3 batches of my fabulous BBQ chicken recipe ready to go and waiting in my freezer. Keep a close eye for my next "Feasting" post and I will share all the details.
3. On Wednesday, another good thing happened. We celebrated in spirit the 22nd birthday of our middle daughter, Janae. I say in spirit because she lives in Colorado Springs and it's too far for a birthday celebration. :( I'll have to make her a belated birthday dinner the next time she is home ...
4. Progress is being made at the repainting of Lissa's house. Here is a little sample:
Before: Orange Door
After Teal Door (Her favorite color is teal.)
5. Quote of the Week from Beth Moore on Romans 6;6:
"Sister, you can forget perfection here on this planet but do not let anything on this earth convince you that you cannot be free from the mastery of sin."
Read Romans 6:6 for yourself and let it sink in. Those of us who have repented and trusted Christ for salvation know that the old us is dead!
And so ends another week on the Journey. If you'd like to share YOUR good things from this week, link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.