Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Got Certified!








This picture was taken at my full-time church after Pastor Joe had formally presented my Certified Ministry Assistant Certificate to me.

It was official.  I was now a ministry assistant.  No longer a church secretary but an assistant.  Of course, a secretary is an assistant, a helper, really, a jack-of-all-trades.

I had recently received a week of training in Nashville, TN, and had aced the test that Lifeway gave me.  It was an awesome week and I loved interacting with all the other church secretaries who attended.  (If only I had known about twitter back then!)

Our instructors had done a fabulous job of building up each secretary there and reminding us that our administerial gifts were actually from God:

1 Corinthians 12:27-29 English Standard Version (ESV)

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?

I came back to the office with a renewed sense of purpose and dedication.
 
Everyone needs to go to a conference or training once in awhile.  You find out new ways of doing things ... and you find out you are not alone!






This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 
3.) Open your picture folders, close your eyes and pick a random photo to share and write about.  I did just that and my picture taken after I was certified in 2006 came up. If you'd like to read other zany writers, visit Kathy's blog, Mama's Losin' It, to view the links.

10 comments:

  1. It is fun to get together for training and fellowship with others who are doing the same type of thing.

    Loved the picture you shared ...could definitely tell that you were happy and excited! You had every right to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you! Thanks for serving Him so faithfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photo & moment share! Congrats by the way. The fields are white with harvest, but the laborers are few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! What a great photo to share! Following you via Mama Kat! Hope you too can stop by! coloradoblessedmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture! and nice accomplishment. Formal training is often a good place to be encouraged about the things you are doing right and inform you of things you had no idea you could be doing so much better. I'm sure, after reading your blog, you are very good at your job. Have a jolly weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Lisa I have to brag on my wife here a little, she is a jack of all trades in the office, a minister was going around to the deacons and other employees asking them what they done in the church. when they asked Jerri what she done,the deacons said to many things to mention. I think that pretty well describes her

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That's so wonderful. The joy on your face made me smile at your photo. True joy in the Lord is on your face! What a blessing to be able to have such a purpose in your life.

    What a wonderful accomplishment :)

    I hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jerralea
    I am very proud of you! At our age, we so easily become lazy to study.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo to capture such a wonderful milestone!! So glad you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jerralea! How exciting. I could never be an administrator. I need my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.