1. Our family is all excited because today is the day Elissa signs the papers on her new house and gets the keys. Tonight she will be moving in a van load of stuff she has already packed. Tomorrow she will collect all the furnishings she has stored in various homes of friends and move that into the house. Then the painting begins!
2. On Saturday, we enjoyed a lovely day off from choir practice. With a free Saturday with no obligations, we hit the road for a little road trip. We ended up at a very nice lake, Arrowhead Lake, which is not all that far from home. I think it may become our most favorite lake! Very clean, a great walking trail, camping, concessions, but best of all many beautiful views of the lake. It was a great breezy day and we enjoyed it very much. I want to go back as soon as possible!
We started on the walking trail to take pictures of the lake. The trail had mile markers to let you know where you were. I like that a lot.
What a gorgeous day!
Various shots of the lake as we walked the trail ...
Amazing how wild it can look at certain points ...
Turtles sunning themselves on a log ...
Close to the end
3. 16 weeks of Walk Away the Pounds. Only .6 of a pound loss but it feels like muscle is being built. (I must be the slowest in weight loss ever ... but what I lack in speed I make up for in stick-ability.)
4. Encouragement - I had a family member write and encourage me today. My love language is words of affirmation, so a good word of encouragement really helped me keep going.
5. Quote of the Week Seen on Facebook:
We sing about God because we believe in Him. We are not trying to offend anybody but the evidence that we have seen of Him in our small little lives trumps your opinion about whether or not He exists.
... Jeff Foxworthy
I see God at work in my life all the time. Don't you?
And so ends another week on the Journey. Join in and link up to share YOUR highlights of your week. You can link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story. (I just love that blog title!)