Friday, June 28, 2013

In Between Paths

IN BETWEEN



Sometimes you are in between seasons of life.  One stage of life is done and you are not sure what the next stage will be.

What should you do?

Is it time for a dramatic change? 

Continue where you are?

You just don't know.

And so you wait ... asking God for direction but not feeling any guidance.  Yet.

You're in between.

What I've always believed is that if you don't know what to do, you just keep doing the job you've been given to do.  Stay faithful and occupy until He sends a Word.  Something in your spirit that will cause you to just know.

What if you feel the stirrings of something and you are wondering whether to take that leap of faith and just do it?

Well ... I believe we serve a big God.  If we jump too far from the path He has laid out for us, He will lead us back to where we need to be.

So don't fear that in between stage.  As long as your focus is on Him, you'll be alright.

STOP


Five Minute Friday


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for writing this. I can't tell you what a blessing it was to read it... I know there are different things to relate to being in different seasons of life, or in between seasons. But for me, I have been struggling with this feeling lately because I turned twenty earlier this year... and I am asking God for guidance in my life. I feel sort of at an awkward stage- I still feel like a teenager inside, yet I feel like I should be thinking about grown up things like marriage at the same time. That can be hard to be in between. Staying focused on the Lord and letting him take care of the rest is such a helpful thought, though.

    Thankyou and I hope you have a blessed day!! And a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jerralea
    Your words remind me of that verse in the Bible that tells us to do whatever your hands find to do! This is great advice, dear friend, to keep on doing what we are doing until we are steered in another direction by our Pappa!
    Blessings and love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Jerralea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerralea -- I am soooo inbetween right now. I've got a big birthday in 12 days. I've told myself over and over -- I need to reinvent myself. I need a new definition. I'm freaking out a bit. You are right. I need to stop and be thankful for all that's in my life. That I've made it this far. So blessed with family and health. It's hard for me to feel like I'm straddling stages but I need to relax and trust. Thanks for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jerralea! I like the idea of not fearing the In Between. I wrote about how it seems like its time that is 'no time' and that can be scary.

    But nothing is scary when God is with us. Even in the In Between!

    Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.