1. On Saturday, the first person in our families to hold a Master's degree, our daughter, Elissa, graduated from SIU at Carbondale. We are very proud of her, not only for her hard work in education, but also for her persistence and dedication to going after the things in life that she wants. Best of all? She loves Jesus, which is the main thing I want for all my daughters.
Liss and Jim
Me and Liss
She's now a Saluki!
2. The next day was that favorite of all days, Mother's Day. I remember the years before my children were born when I struggled with infertility. Then, Mother's Day was something to be avoided at all costs. But now, no matter what happens, each second Sunday in May, I can celebrate the three gifts God gave me, my daughters. This year we celebrated at Red Lobster. We hadn't been there in a while and really enjoyed it. It seems like all our friends had the same idea; it was like old home week in the lobby, greeting everyone.
Usually, I say that if you want to see old friends, just hang around Wal-Mart, you're bound to see someone you know!
3. Maybe I should write about this next week, after 21 days of establishing a new habit, but I'm excited now. I have re-done my daily schedule to fit in exercising before work each morning, and doing a lot of my work for my second job at home in the evenings in order to have more of my Saturdays free. Today marks the second consecutive week that I've went by my schedule every day. No excuses! (I've never consistently exercised for two weeks straight in my life.)
4. Today, my knock-out rose bush started blooming. I didn't have time to count the flowers or take a photo but my estimate is that there are 8 roses. I'm noticing roses blooming all around me in my part of the world. Love the color!
5. I'm looking forward to tomorrow... It will be a full day, starting with our first yard-saling trip of the season, then worship team practice, followed by a road trip with our friends, Glenda and Wayne. It's sure to make the list of favorites on next week's Friday's Fave Five.
This ends another week on the Journey. What about you? Do you have 5 favorites from your week to share? Join the fun at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.