Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Our Peace is in Him




I've had a troubling week ...

I've started reading a list of the top 10 Christian female bloggers (in one person's opinion) and frankly, I'm worn out, and I haven't even got halfway through the list.

Yesterday, it was all, is the bible the inerrant word of God?  Today, I've been reading about servant-hood, submission and the Jezebel spirit.

My head is spinning, but I do know one thing.

My little blog is never going to travel these same circles.

And I rejoice in that. 

It's times like this that I have to sit back re-evaluate what I'm trying to accomplish with blogging.  I feel that my gifting, that my calling, is to be an encourager.

I want to be a story teller that lifts up the name of Christ and encourages you to trust Him more.

That's it.

I'm not here to discuss social ills or controversy in the church. Thank you, Jesus!  I'm so glad You didn't call me to that. Please, Father, equip the dear sisters that You did call to such a work. (And, please, Father?  Give those who comment a little willingness to give grace to those sisters.)

Does that mean I will never write about any tough subjects? No, I don't think I will get off that easily. After all, no one's life is a bed of roses, mine included. So there will be times I share about being the child of an alcoholic father, because I've experienced that.  Times when infertility, depression, bi-polar disorder, joblessness, rebellious teenagers and all that goes along with those things will be addressed.  Because either I, or someone in  my family, has experienced it.

And it has made me who I am today.  It's my story to tell because it affected my life.

But when life gets down to the nitty-gritty, you have to get back to the basics:  trust God, believe He has your good in mind, realize trials must come, but there is always, always, always a deliverance...

In His timing ...

And that is where my little blog comes in.  I'm being open and honest, sharing the day-to-day with you and letting you know, hey!  If He's done it for me, He'll do it for you.  That's a fact, Jack!

The thing is, you can have peace when the world around you is crumbling. Not the kind of peace that worldly people know because their peace is based on bank accounts, networking contacts and the latest doctors of renown.

You can have peace based on the One who controls the universe because you know that not only is He all powerful and able to do anything that is needed, but He also loves you enough to have laid down His life for you.  If that doesn't show He has your best interest at heart, I don't know what would.

 John 14:27  (NKJV)

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

It's interesting that Christ said this to the disciples before the crucifixion, yet they didn't remember it when they were in the throes of Holy Week. They needed to be reminded.

We need reminding, too, which is why we have the Bible.  We have to read it over and over to remember.  Also, I like to think that is why we have Christian bloggers in cyberspace - to remind us of what we already know.

Our peace is in Him.  




I'm adding this post to my Fearless series.  Jesus said don't be afraid, He is our Peace.






I'm also sharing at the community #TellHisStory at Jennifer Dukes Lee.

6 comments:

  1. When it comes to doing God's work, we are all in the top 10. God is using all of our blogs, whether big or small, to get his work done. I myself am very grateful to God for your blog, as well as the many other that I follow. They are a source of daily spiritual inspiration. I pray that my blog will do the same for you. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Diana, big or small, it's all for God!

    I had to laugh at your Si reference, we love that show!And your blog, and that's a fact, Jack!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerralea
    I just love your openness and simplicity! What a beautiful, delightful fresh breeze. Oh, I had to giggle when I read about the Jezebel Spirit. So many people are plagued by this lady, I think she must be exhausted after all her mischief in just one day!! Visiting via Jennifer's.
    Much love to you and thanks for being soooo real!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this Jerralea,
    We are on the same page as hearing God tell us to be encouragers. We need to listen and obey Him. He can do amazing things through us if we let Him

    Many blessings and thanks the follow on Twitter,
    Janis
    www.janiscox.com - Author of Tadeo Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on this one! I don't have it in me to preach, but I do have the gift of observation and of feeling God's presence in all that I do. I spin the tales of my life weaving my faith through them and know that God can use his less confrontational or direct people for His glory.
    Your words bring me encouragement/refreshment rather than fatigue. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praising God, Jerralea, that God has given you a clear sense of purpose for your writing. Press on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.