Monday, April 1, 2013

Daybook: 04.01.13

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, APRIL 1ST

Outside my window...
45° but feels warmer to me.  I gave in to my rebellious streak and only brought my coat in the car, I didn't wear it.


I am thinking...of a post I'm going to do for Writer's Workshop - another blast from the past.  Just when I think I've written it all, I remember something else!

I am thankful... for the path God has laid out for me to walk.

In the kitchen... ham and Hawaiian bread

I am wearing...black pants and top with a turquoise, white and black geometric print jacket

I am going...to Branson in 25 more days.

I am looking forward to... the said Branson trip

Around the house... some rearranging ... why does my family like to move furniture at 11 p.m.?

I am pondering... the Bible.  I got drawn off on a rabbit trail today and now I'm wondering ... am I one of the few who still believes the entire Bible is the inerrant word of God?  Does it mean what is says or not? 

I think it IS possible for anyone to read the Bible and know what it means.  I approach the word prayerfully with the attitude, "Father, what is it you have to say to me, today?"  And I always get something out of it.  Maybe, that's too simple but I am a simple person. Of course, as I grow spiritually, I see something new each time I read the same passages adding to or clarifying what I've learned before. This ability to have something ever-new and life-changing is why I consider the Bible as the most amazing book ever.

The Word is like a mirror.  By reading it, is show us ourselves and our inner motivations and gives us the opportunity to repent and learn to be more like Him. 

Our goal should ever be to more like Jesus.

A favorite quote for today...


Chuck Swindoll@chuckswindoll
God’s servants should be as significant as salt on food and light on darkness.
… seen on twitter

One of my favorite things...being in the Lord's presence.  Easter Sunday was just such a time.  It turned out to be a wonderful day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: not much.  I love these kind of weeks that have some free time ... not sure what I will do with it, but I will enjoy it.

A peek into my day...



Decorating with Easter Candy!


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your daybooks :)

    Your in the kitchen sounds so yummy, and I really loved your decorations, as well as your "I am pondering" especially.

    A trip to Branson sounds wonderful! It's always a joy to look forward to vacations. I have never been to Branson, but I've seen a lot about it in magazines and on tv and it looks like a beautiful and fun place.

    Blessings to you and hoping you had a wonderful day!!
    ~Jazzmin





    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful daybook! We had watched The Bible on the History channel that ended on Resurrection Sunday. From what I understand it was a huge success! I hope Hollywood is listening to what the people want to see! Hope you enjoy your free time. I am some what behind since I was sick a week back. Lots to get done, spring cleaning... Your table looks so springy! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute table. I'm reading a book by Charles Swindoll now and am loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.