Friday, March 1, 2013

Ordinary Girl / Extraordnary Father

Lately, I've been participating in Lisa-Jo Baker's 5 Minute Friday.  You write for 5 minutes on her choice of word.  Write without endless revisions or second-guessing yourself.


Five Minute Friday
 

ORDINARY

I'm just an ordinary girl.  There is nothing special about me.  I was a skinny little girl who spent most of her time jumping around with excitement and filled with questions.  I was always wanting to know why. 

I grew up, still ordinary, to serve an extraordinary God.  A God who:

  • has a plan for my life
  • has fresh mercy for me every morning
  • has my name engraved on His palm
  • rejoices over me with singing
  • and loves me extravagantly
Hey, when you have an extraordinary Father, you become special, too.  I'm an ordinary girl with the royal blood of Jesus applied to my life.

Makes me feel pretty special!

STOP


In the interest of writing for strictly 5 minutes, I did not take the time to look up the scriptures for the above post to prove my point.  However, I don't feel good about that, so here they are:

Plan for my life - Jeremiah 29:11 HCSB:  For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

Fresh mercy - Lamentations 3:22-23 HCSB:  Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end.They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!

Name engraved:  Isaiah 49:15-16 NLT:  “Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem’s walls in ruins.  (When we accept Christ we become the seed of Abraham and promises made to Israel are promises to us also.)

Rejoices over me:  Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV:  The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” 

Extravagant Love:   Isaiah 63:7 MSG  I’ll make a list of God’s gracious dealings, all the things God has done that need praising, All the generous bounties of Godhis great goodness to the family of Israel—Compassion lavished,  love extravagant.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jerralea...this is wonderfully written! Yes...we are ordindary, and our God is extra-ordindary...who makes us extra-ordindary because of His Spirit within us!!! Praise His Name forever!

    I use to do this 5-minute Friday also, and might get back to it. It is fun!

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerrralea
    I would say all those credentials make you very much extra-ordinary in your Pappa God's eyes, don't you think!!
    Happy FMF and a blessed weekend, dear one.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome Jerralea! That's just how God wants us. Surrendering enough to let extraordinary things happen through our ordinary selves so He gets all the glory. Have an extraordinary weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had hust put lamentations on my last post. love the song GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS, also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.