Monday, March 25, 2013

Daybook: 03.25.13

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, MARCH 25TH

Outside my window...
36° and dreary.  On the bright side, two hours north of us, people received 12" of snow, and we got zip.

I am thinking... I'm going to have to quit doing the Daybook first thing in the morning.  My brain is mush!

I am thankful... for all the things that have happened in my life that helped me to become the person I am today.  While FAR from perfect, I like myself a lot more now than when I was younger.

In the kitchen... soup and hot dog roll ups

I am wearing...dark brown long sleeve tee with a tan sweater vest and tan slacks.  Maybe this will be the last time cool enough to wear the sweater vest?

I am going... to get my nails done today. (I know you are dying to know that!)

I am looking forward to ... Branson ... just a month away now!


Around the house... a Dollar General run yielded me some cute potholders and dish towels that are black, gray and turquoise.  Changing out your kitchen linens is one of the cheapest ways to makeover your kitchen.  Now the rest of the house needs a touch of spring ....

A favorite quote for today...  I thought this one was perfect for Holy Week:



Lent’s not about making anybody acceptable to a Savior — but about making everybody aware of why they need a Savior
… seen on twitter


One of my favorite things... big bold earrings.  Go big or go home, I always say.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a day off on Friday!  I plan to do an organizing project - Yay! - and do my taxes - Boo.  I know, I'm like the last person in America to do my taxes.  It doesn't matter if I think I'm getting a refund or if I think I have to pay - I put it off as long as possible.  Hello, my name is Jerralea and I'm a procrastinator.

A peek into my day...


 A Summer Day at My Dad's Homeplace

(I was hungry for green - had to share it!)

The Daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  If you'd like to join in, visit her blog at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your daybook Jerralea!! Sounds like a cozy, chilly day where you are... it's actually pretty cold here today too. I wonder if a lot of the country is experiencing a cold snap right now because everyone I talk to seems to be freezing.

    Your "I'm thinking" made me laugh, haha, because I can relate... I feel like if I do a daybook too early my brain isn't awake yet and I can't think of anything.

    What a beautiful photo! Thankyou for sharing :)

    God Bless You and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jerralea - I'm visiting you via the Daybook. Well, I'm just waiting till it's warm enough here (UK) to wear only a long-sleeve tee and a sweater vest! It's COLD...

    I share your pleasure in big, bold earrings!

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.