Monday, March 18, 2013

Daybook: 03.18.13

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, MARCH 18

Outside my window...
quiet after last night's storm.


I am thinking... of things I want to do to my front porch this spring.  (Jim is going to roll his eyes when he sees what I just said!)

I am thankful...to have so many interests.  Life is never boring to me!

In the kitchen... my homemade hamburger helper, and then tonight, I hope to roll out dumplings to dry for tomorrow night.

I am wearing...navy pants, teal top, and navy and teal animal print jacket.

I am going... to the salon tomorrow ... thinking about going significantly shorter ...

I am reading...well, actually I just finished, Ace Collins' book, "Farraday Road." It was a real page-turner, and when I got to the end, I exclaimed, "Oh, man!"  You'll have to read it to find out why.

I am looking forward to... Good Friday, because I get the day off from work.

I am learning so much from 1 Peter 1 ... now on to chapter 2.


Around the house...looks like it needs some Spring in it's decor.

A favorite quote for today...


We live by demands when we should live by priorities. J. A. Motyer


Sometimes we need to sit down and think over our priorities - and then write them down.  Don't be a slave to the "tyranny of the urgent."  (I don't know who said that, but it's great stuff.)

One of my favorite things...road trips.  I can't wait for it to be warm enough to be "on the road again."

A few plans for the rest of the week:... trip to the salon, board meeting, writing practice.

A peek into my day...





New life in the midst of deadness ...
This photo is from last March, but I've already seen these on Grapevine Trail recently.




The Daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can join the fun by visiting her blog:  The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Fun to see into your day!

    We live by demands when we should live by priorities. J. A. Motyer

    Sometimes we need to sit down and think over our priorities - and then write them down. Don't be a slave to the "tyranny of the urgent."

    LOVE that saying! The first time I read the little booklet Tyranny of the Urgent, I understood things differently. It is so hard to see what our real priorities are when the urgen is always pushing us and making us feel guilty~!

    Good Post! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder who will be doing that spring yard work, I think it might be somebody that she knows pretty well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting my spring cleaning and part of that entails cleaning and decorating the front porch! It always looks so nice! You must have gotten the storm that moved through here late Sunday afternoon. Sleet with thunder and lightening! Strange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.