1. Family: Of course, I have been blessed with the greatest family every. I couldn't ask for a better husband, children, parents or siblings. I've had some awesome grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins, too. I treasure each one and the memories I have of them. I am truly thankful to be blessed with a family - so many have not had that blessing and feel alone. May we all reach out to those who have no family.
2. Food and Drink: Lifetime favorites include pizza, chili, sweet tea and chocolate - all of which were included in this week's menu! Tonight I'm going to my favorite restaurant, O'Charley's, which pretty much makes the week a winner in the food category.
3. Favorite Fragrances: I think smell is an important gift and I love different fragrances. The smell of delicious foods cooking, the smell of fresh laundry, candles, newborn babies - all of these things enrich our lives. For the home, I love vanilla, coffee and cinnamon scents. I'm always burning candles with these scents. Recently, my daughter gave me a warmer that melts scented wax cubes. I love it! I also love perfumes and colognes - my favorites are Estée Lauder's Beautiful and Pleasure perfumes, Clinique's Happy, and Brittney Spears' Fantasy.
4. Fascinating Books: A lifelong favorite activity has always been reading. I have spent a good portion of my life engrossed in tales spun by talented authors. I believe reading is fundamental to knowledge and I am thankful for the ability to read. There are still many in the world who cannot read and my heart goes out to them.
5. Faith: A big part of my life has always been my faith. I'm thankful for a momma who took me to church from the very beginning. I'm thankful for the Lord who has always been there when I needed Him. I am thankful for the church family He has surrounded me and challenged by the work He has given me to do. I'm especially glad for the scriptures He has left me in His love letter to me (and to you), the Bible.
What is my favorite scripture? I don't believe it can be narrowed down to just one. I'm discovering the richness of His promises day by day. I do think, though, that one is very appropriate for birthdays, and it is truly a favorite of mine - especially when life seems to be mixed up and I don't know what is going to happen:
Jeremiah 29:11Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Things might look like a disaster but it's not. He has a future for me!
6. Flowers: As a bonus, I'm sharing a photo of some pretty flowers. Flowers are another lifetime favorite of mine. I love their colors and their fragrances.
Do you have some favorites you'd like to share? Visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and link up!