Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful for the Word

Yesterday, I talked about my love of reading and a lot of my favorite books that I read as a child.  Today, I want to give thanks for the greatest of all books, God's word.

What would I do without it?  Where would I learn about God?  Where would I find out about His promises, or learn about my future forever home?

The Bible is an amazing book.  It has poetry, law, history, health facts, prophecy, and real stories about real people.  The Bible doesn't sugarcoat stories, it tells the truth about people - good, bad and ugly. It gives me hope because I realize that God used people who were not perfect.

Spanning 1500 years, 40 authors wrote 66 books that are as relevant today as they were then.  Consistently on the top seller list for book sales, the bible is the most unique amazing book ever.  I love living in the day where there are multiple translations that I can compare to increase my understanding.

The Word teaches me how to live, and how to love.  God is love, and He is the expert on teaching us what that really means.

Yes, I'm thankful for God's love letter to me - and to you!


Encouragementfordailybiblereading


All during the month of November, I will be sharing my gratitude for all God has given me. I'm joining Joyful Reader on her Giving Thanks Challenge at her blog, Encouragement for Daily Bible Reading.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.