Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful for Shelter

I write a lot about my thankfulness for home.  I believe strongly in home being a haven - a place where you are always accepted, loved, and comfortable.  Home is more than just the physical structure of a house. 

About 18 months ago, I experienced the truth of this. My house was damaged by a flood, and we lived with my aunt for almost three months while we rebuilt our house.  (My aunt is a saint, and I am sure she will receive extra jewels in her crown for taking us in.) It didn't take but just a day or two to feel at home at her house.  Home is where the people you love stay.

All that being said, I am so very thankful to have shelter.  A home of my own.  A place to lay my head.  A place that reflects our family and our interests. (Thus the abundance of technology and books everywhere you look.)

I'm also thankful to have heat in the winter and a/c in the summer.

I thank God every night for a great place to sleep.  (Have you read my post, My Bed, How I Love Thee?  It explains my feelings perfectly.)

I'm also blessed to have plenty of food in my fridge and cabinets.

I'm grateful there is more than enough clothing in our closets.

I'm very thankful that God supplies my basic needs.


Encouragementfordailybiblereading



All during the month of November, I will be sharing my gratitude for all God has given me. I'm joining Joyful Reader on her Giving Thanks Challenge at her blog, Encouragement for Daily Bible Reading.

 

3 comments:

  1. I just went back and read your love letter to your bed, and I am sitting here at my desk at work giggling like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nita, thank you! I love to make people giggle.

    The thing is, I really do feel that way about my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I sit in my comfortable warm home with my safe family, I think of those here in the U.S. who usually are as I am: safe, warm, cared for, but are without homes, power, heat, water. The basics. Thank you for the reminder to never take what we have for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.